Specialist, Elementary School Literacy Content Management
- New York, NY
We're redefining what's possible in public education. We set out to tackle this education crisis with a groundbreaking school design that delivers a rigorous, whole-child education to students from all backgrounds. Today, as the fastest growing, highest-performing charter school network in New York, our network of 47 K-12 schools outperforms every district in the state, proving irrefutably that all children are capable of excellence.
The Education Institute is our engine for reimagining public education within our schools and far beyond, and brings together a powerful K-12 focus across content and design, implementation, and instructional development.
Reporting to the Program Manager, ES Content Management the Specialist, ES Literacy Content Management will ensure the existing K-4 literacy program is successfully implemented and maintained, participate in initiatives to continuously improve academic outcomes for the literacy program, and act as the primary liaison between the Network and school-based partners. This is an exciting opportunity to ensure thousands of students have a strong literacy foundation, having a positive long-term impact on their educational trajectory.
Key responsibilities include:
- Maintaining and implementing the vision for the current K-4 literacy program, including revising and publishing curricula and assessments, and participating in select trainings to school-based constituents;
- Engaging in lesson observation, school tours and data analysis to report on the status of the literacy program and identify opportunities to improve academic outcomes;
- Piloting key initiatives that will inform long-term changes to the academics program;
- Working closely with colleagues in other content areas and on our middle and high school teams to facilitate innovation and ensure K-12 alignment;
- Supporting key cross-content Education Institute initiatives.
- Strong attention to detail;
- Ability to manage, prioritize and organize projects;
- A mindset that embodies adaptability, problem-solving, strategic thinking and continuous improvement;
- Passion for enabling high quality teaching and learning;
- Demonstrated literacy content expertise through relevant coursework or related experience;
- A four year college degree with an outstanding record of academic achievement and leadership. Experience in education strongly preferred;
- Strong work ethic and ability to work flexibly.
Success Academy Charter Schools is an equal opportunity employer and actively encourages applications from people of all backgrounds. Compensation is competitive and commensurate with experience. Success Academy offers a full benefits program and opportunities for professional growth.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our organization. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We actively seek applications from people of all backgrounds to strengthen our community and the perspectives needed to flourish in a multicultural world. Success Academy offers a full benefits program and opportunities for professional growth. Learn more about our philosophy, benefits, and team at https://jobs.successacademies.org/working-here/ .
Back to top