The Scholar Support Team plays a pivotal role in our Network design and the lives of scholars and families. Success Academy is seeking a Special Education Manager to work in our central office supporting leaders, scholars, and families in our high-performing elementary and middle schools.
Our Special Education Manager will work directly with school Principals to manage all Special Education processes and scholars/families in crisis, to ensure the needs of our scholars are being met. Additionally, they will liaise with the Department of Education/Related Service Agencies, identify community resources for our families, and deliver high quality professional development to school-based staff.
At Success Academy, we are redefining what's possible in public education. Since opening our first school in Harlem in 2006, we have swiftly grown to 41 high-performing schools, from Bed-Stuy to the Bronx, serving approximately 14,000 kids. We are scaling to 100 great schools serving 50,000 children across New York City, bringing transformational change here and across the country. We believe all children, regardless of zip code or family income, deserve the life-changing opportunities that a world-class education brings.
To achieve exceptional results for children, we hire the best, and the brightest. We value excellence, ethics, and celebrate diversity, and are relentlessly committed to improving ourselves and our work to enhance the lives of our scholars.
Our Special Education Manager will report directly to our Associate Director of Scholar Support and should be someone who...
- Will act as a key guide and advisor to Principals and school leaders who manage Special Education services, Response to Intervention, and scholar/family crisis situations;
- Will support the Scholar Support team in using a data driven approach to manage Response to Intervention and Special Education processes, implementing systems to strategically track and report data;
- Has meticulous attention to detail and excellent project management skills with proven systems to maintain integrity;
- Is deeply self-reflective, passionate, and committed to world-class schooling and excellence;
- Is a leader with conviction who exudes confidence and knows how to build relationships across teams and organizations;
- Has grit, courage, and optimism in the face of really difficult work; and
- Is a proven relationship manager with the ability to set measurable goals to promote advancement of our Special Education community.
Please upload a cover letter and resume that outlines your candidacy. Your cover letter should explain in detail your qualifications for the position. Resumes without cover letters will not be reviewed.
Success Academy Charter Schools is an equal opportunity employer and actively encourages applications from people of all backgrounds. Compensation is competitive and commensurate with experience. Success Academy offers a full benefits program and opportunities for professional growth.