We are New York City's top-performing and fastest-growing charter school network, and we are fundamentally reshaping public education. To ensure long-lasting change and a school model that will prepare current and future generations of children from all backgrounds with the subject mastery and skills to succeed in college and life, we have reconceived every aspect of school design, from elementary to high school. We now need a results-driven Social Media Manager to join our Marketing team.
Reporting to the Associate Director of Digital and Social Media, the Social Media Manager should have 3-5 years of experience in social media marketing.
Key responsibilities include:
- Leading the strategy, planning, execution, and ongoing optimization of Success Academy’s social presence;
- Owning development and execution of social media strategies against key initiatives including talent and scholar recruitment and advocacy;
- Acting as a liaison who coordinates across departments and schools to source and craft content into a cohesive story that is delivered across all social channels;
- Owning and growing participation in Success Academy’s social media ambassador program;
- Creating and executing monthly content calendars as well as reactive and real-time content;
- Developing and expanding partnerships with influencers and other collaborators;
- Coordinating and hosting social media takeovers at events (conducting interviews, speaking on camera etc.); and
- Acting as a community manager by engaging and responding to audiences.
Successful candidates should also have the following previous experiences and characteristics:
- 3-5 years of experience growing online communities and developing social media campaigns with a proven track record of results (please provide links to profiles as example);
- Exceptional communication skills: written and verbal (must be comfortable presenting and speaking on camera);
- Proactive go-getter who takes the initiative to get things done and constantly reflects on and optimizes his/her work;
- Analytical ability to translate data into actionable insights;
- Willingness to work evenings and weekends, if needed;
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, results-driven, collaborative environment where innovation is valorized; and
- Passion for Success Academy’s mission in service of kids across New York City.
To join our team, please upload a cover letter and resume that outlines your candidacy. Your cover letter should explain in detail your qualifications for the position. Resumes without cover letters will not be reviewed.
Success Academy Charter Schools is an equal opportunity employer and actively encourages applications from people of all backgrounds. Compensation is competitive and commensurate with experience. Success Academy offers a full benefits program and opportunities for professional growth.