Social Emotional Learning Specialist
- New York, NY
We're redefining what's possible in public education. We set out to tackle this education crisis with a groundbreaking school design that delivers a rigorous, whole-child education to students from all backgrounds. Today, as the fastest growing, highest-performing charter school network in New York, our network of 47 K-12 schools outperforms every district in the state, proving irrefutably that all children are capable of excellence.
We now need a results-driven Social Emotional Learning (SEL) Specialists to join our school community.
Reporting directly to the Principal, Social Emotional Learning Specialists work closely with scholars, teachers, families and School Leadership to provide school-based Counseling sessions both formally through IEPs as well as at-risk to high-needs scholars. They also work collaboratively with teachers to implement Social Emotional Learning curricula daily in the classrooms. SEL Specialists manage day-to-day crisis support and de-escalation, and the implementation and progress monitoring of behavior intervention plans (BIPs). SEL Specialists are jointly involved in the creation of BIPs with the assigned Evaluating Psychologist.
Representative Roles & Responsibilities:
- Day-to-day implementation of school-based Counseling sessions;
- Participate in the identification of at-risk scholars who may need informal counseling;
- Report on Counseling progress for Trimester Progress Reports and IEP Meeting Progress Reports;
- Develop and Implement Social Emotional Learning curricula to be used in classrooms school-wide;
- De-escalate behavior and follow up on scholars in crisis;
- Collaborate in the design of Behavior Intervention Plans (BIPs); and
- Implement, maintain and progress monitor efficacy of BIPs.
- You hold a valid NY State School Counseling or Social Work certification;
- You have experience with a behavioral assessment tools;
- You have background in counseling and crisis;
- You are a person of high moral character; and
- You are passionate about learning.
Back to top