Our Soccer Coaches are results-driven educators who are passionate about soccer instruction and educating the whole child. Your job is to engage students in the joys and rigors of soccer while you hold your scholars to sky-high standards and develop your skill as a teacher with the help of extraordinary colleagues and school leaders. Engaged in our mission to re-imagine public education, you will develop as a teacher and a professional faster and more intensely than ever before. This will be a compelling intellectual and educational adventure that will transform you as a person and while doing so you will impact hundreds of students’ lives.
At Success Academy, we are redefining what’s possible in public education. Since opening our first school in Harlem in 2006, we have swiftly grown to 41 high-performing schools, from Bed-Stuy to the Bronx, serving approximately 14,000 kids. We are scaling to 100 great schools serving 50,000 children across New York City, bringing transformational change here and across the country. We believe all children, regardless of zip code or family income, deserve the life-changing opportunities that a world-class education brings.
Success Academy is committed to building a soccer program that proves that all children from all backgrounds can experience world-class soccer. We develop in all of our players/scholars a passion for the game of soccer along with a strong technical skill base. Our soccer program also serves as a model for youth soccer reform, catalyzing change. To achieve exceptional results for children, we hire the best, the brightest, and the most highly motivated adults we can find. We value excellence, celebrate diversity, and are relentlessly committed to improving ourselves and our work to enhance the lives of our scholars.
As a Soccer Coach, you will:
- Inspire a profound love of soccer in all students
- Collaborate with other coaches across the network to build a world-class soccer program
- Instill values of respect, team spirit, passion, modesty, fair play, and individuality
- Manage a rigorous after-school soccer program focused on developing scholars’ technical skills at a high level
- Invest parents and families in the transformative role soccer can play in children’s lives
- Receive routine, ongoing feedback and support from an outstanding leadership team and faculty
To be considered as a Soccer Coach, you must:
- Have experience coaching youth club and/or academy soccer
- Have experience coaching futsal (preferred)
- Have a USSF National Youth License, USSF B, C, D or NSCAA license equivalent
- Have a Bachelor's degree, with an outstanding record of academic achievement and extracurricular leadership
- Be a person of high moral character
- Be passionate about soccer and learning
To join our team, please upload a resume and cover letter that outlines how your candidacy. Your cover letter should explain in detail your qualifications for the position. Resumes without cover letters will not be reviewed.
Success Academy Charter Schools is an equal opportunity employer and actively encourages applications from people of all backgrounds. Compensation is competitive and commensurate with experience. Success Academy offers a full benefits program and opportunities for professional growth.
Back to top