Success Academy’s commitment to world-class schooling goes beyond delivering high-quality instruction. It also requires operational excellence and the creation of safe, functional, and aesthetically beautiful learning spaces for our scholars. Success Academy is seeking a driven Senior Manager of Operations to support the operational objectives of our growing network of schools.
At Success Academy, we are redefining what’s possible in public education. Since opening our first school in Harlem in 2006, we have swiftly grown to 41 high-performing schools, from Bed-Stuy to the Bronx, serving approximately 14,000 kids. We are scaling to 100 great schools serving 50,000 children across New York City, bringing transformational change here and across the country. We believe all children, regardless of zip code or family income, deserve the life-changing opportunities that a world-class education brings.
To achieve exceptional results for children, we hire the best, and the brightest. We value excellence, ethics, and celebrate diversity, and are relentlessly committed to improving ourselves and our work to enhance the lives of our scholars.
We are seeking a Senior Manager of Operations to join our Buildings, Renovations & Facilities Network team at Success Academies (SA).
The Senior Manager will report directly to the Director of Operations – Buildings, Renovations & Facilities, and should be someone who…
- Is a facilities expert with an established understanding of large-scale construction management, compliance and multi-site development;
- Has the ability to manage a cross-functional team that provides high level operational support to a cohort of schools to ensure compliance with organization-wide goals;
- Employs a variety of interpersonal tools to build successful relationships and navigate bureaucratic or administrative hurdles to achieve an objective;
- Establishes and maintains effective and efficient systems to manage multiple projects and various processes during a short timeframe;
- Works well under pressure with condensed timelines in a fast-paced work environment;
- Displays an extremely high level of attention to detail and excellence bar across all work priorities;
- Executes high impact initiatives, including rethinking strategic processes and working to craft and execute against objectives;
- Communicates effectively across a variety of stakeholders;
- Proactively identifies and assesses problems at the individual, team and department levels;
- Has a strong leadership presence and the ability to successfully manage and mentor a growing team; and
- Is a learner.
To join our team, please upload a cover letter and resume that outlines your candidacy. Your cover letter should explain in detail your qualifications for the position. Resumes without cover letters will not be reviewed.
Success Academy Charter Schools is an equal opportunity employer and actively encourages applications from people of all backgrounds. Compensation is competitive and commensurate with experience. Success Academy offers a full benefits program and opportunities for professional growth.