We are New York City's top-performing and fastest-growing charter school network, and we are fundamentally reshaping public education. To ensure long-lasting change and a school model that will prepare current and future generations of children from all backgrounds with the subject mastery and skills to succeed in college and life, we have reconceived every aspect of school design, from elementary to high school. We now need a results-driven Senior Designer to join our Marketing Team.
Reporting to the Managing Director or Marketing, the Senior Designer will be responsible for leading the design team to create exceptional communication materials that amplify the Success Academy (SA) brand across print and digital mediums. In this role, you will work in close collaboration with other SA departments to conceive of and produce design assets that are high-quality, strategic, and effective.
Key responsibilities include:
- Developing a deep understanding of our audiences and being mindful of how they feel when engaged with our materials;
- Establishing a high level of aesthetic excellence across the organization;
- Prioritizing and balancing multiple projects from start to finish without sacrificing quality;
- Managing and developing junior team members and building strong cross-functional relationships; and
- Communicating at a high level and clearly articulating design decisions.
Successful candidates should also have the following experiences and characteristics. They:
- Have 5+ years of experience in both web and print. Motion experience is a plus;
- Are a constant learner who is always looking to raise the bar;
- Stay current in design trends and new technology;
- Have advanced proficiency in Illustrator, InDesign, and Photoshop and working knowledge in After Effects and HTML coding;
- Have significant experience with print production and understanding of the technical possibilities and limitations of web development;
- Thrive in a fast-paced, results-driven, collaborative environment where innovation is valorized; and
- Are passionate about Success Academy’s mission in service of kids across New York City.
To join our team, please upload a cover letter and resume that outlines your candidacy. Your cover letter should explain in detail your qualifications for the position. Resumes without cover letters will not be reviewed.
Success Academy Charter Schools is an equal opportunity employer and actively encourages applications from people of all backgrounds. Compensation is competitive and commensurate with experience. Success Academy offers a full benefits program and opportunities for professional growth.