Join the team that is responsible for driving awareness and affinity for Success Academy Charter Schools among prospective and current parents, staff and the general public. As the Senior Designer you will be responsible for leading the design team to create exceptional communication materials that amplify the SA brand across print and digital mediums. In this role, you will work in close collaboration with other SA departments to conceive of and produce design assets that are high-quality, strategic, and effective.
At Success Academy, we are redefining what’s possible in public education. Since opening our first school in Harlem in 2006, we have swiftly grown to 41 high-performing schools, from Bed-Stuy to the Bronx, serving approximately 14,000 kids. We are scaling to 100 great schools serving 50,000 children across New York City, bringing transformational change here and across the country. We believe all children, regardless of zip code or family income, deserve the life-changing opportunities that a world-class education brings.
To achieve exceptional results for children, we hire the best, and the brightest. We value excellence, ethics, and celebrate diversity, and are relentlessly committed to improving ourselves and our work to enhance the lives of our scholars.
Our Senior Designer will report directly to the Managing Director of Marketing and should be someone who...
- Has 5+ years of experience in both web and print. Motion experience is a plus;
- Will have a deep understanding of our audiences and be mindful of how they feel when engaged with our materials;
- Is detail-oriented and establishes a high level of aesthetic excellence across the organization;
- Can prioritize and balance multiple projects from start to finish without sacrificing quality;
- Has experience managing and developing junior team members and building strong cross functional relationships;
- Has excellent communication skills and is able to clearly articulate design decisions;
- Possesses strong project management and time management skills;
- Is a constant learner who is always looking to raise the bar;
- Stays current in design trends and new technology;
- Has advanced proficiency in Illustrator, InDesign, and Photoshop and working knowledge in After Effects and html email coding;
- Significant experience with print production and understanding of the technical possibilities and limitations of web development;
- Thrives in a fast-paced, results-driven, collaborative environment where innovation is valorized; and is passionate about Success Academy’s mission in service of kids across New York City.
To join our team, please upload a cover letter and resume with a link to your portfolio. Your cover letter should be addressed to Amanda Cabreira da Silva and explain in detail your qualifications for the position. Resumes without cover letters and a portfolio link will not be reviewed.
Success Academy Charter Schools is an equal opportunity employer and actively encourages applications from people of all backgrounds. Compensation is competitive and commensurate with experience. Success Academy offers a full benefits program and opportunities for professional growth.
Back to top