We are New York City's top-performing and fastest-growing charter school network, and we are fundamentally reshaping public education. We have reconceived every aspect of school design from elementary to high school and are looking for results-driven Science Teacher Residents to join our school communities. We bring together the nation’s most ambitious and driven change-makers to make a profound impact on urban education.
Our highly selective Science Teaching Residency Program is a two-year, full-time salaried position for emerging leaders who are interested in helping children from all backgrounds and all zip codes achieve extraordinary results. Whether you are just starting your career or considering a change, the Science Teacher Residency Program offers an outstanding opportunity for growth and hands-on experience to develop as an exceptional Science Teacher and Leader in the Education Reform movement.
As a Science Teaching Resident you will receive extensive professional development from experienced teachers and talented school leaders, build deep relationships with students, parents, and communities, work in a fast-paced and joyful environment that sets high academic standards for children, and join a community of leaders committed to transforming public education in New York City and beyond. Our Science Teaching Residents are passionate about inspiring a love for science in our students through inquiry-based learning and hands-on science exploration. Former Success Academy Teacher Residents have become our current school teachers and leaders, as well as successfully transitioned to top graduate school programs and Fortune 500 companies.
Key responsibilities include:
- Teaching small groups and leading whole-class instruction using an inquiry-based, rigorous curriculum that inspires intellectual curiosity, reinforces the joy of learning, and enables all students to thrive;
- Facilitating scholars’ increasing independence in developing their own scientific processes, from basic skills, to analyzing data, to fully internalizing the scientific method;
- Working collaboratively with Lead Science Teachers, assuming increased teaching responsibilities while progressing towards the Lead Teacher role;
- Engaging in training with school leaders to benefit from targeted, in-the-moment feedback on instruction, accelerating learning and growth with unparalleled support;
- Developing meaningful relationships with students and parents that drive students to love learning and make exceptional academic gains; and
- Joining a highly motivated team committed to education reform, parent choice, and the building of exemplary schools.
Successful candidates should also have the following experiences and characteristics. They:
- Hold a Bachelor’s degree, with an outstanding record of academic achievement and leadership;
- Are a person of high moral character;
- Flexible and open to feedback;
- Passion for science;
- Demonstrates grit and perseverance; and
- Interested in working in a collaborative environment.
To join our team, please upload a cover letter and resume that outlines your candidacy. Your cover letter should explain in detail your qualifications for the position. Resumes without cover letters will not be reviewed.
Success Academy Charter Schools is an equal opportunity employer and actively encourages applications from people of all backgrounds. Compensation is competitive and commensurate with experience. Success Academy offers a full benefits program and extraordinary opportunities for professional growth.