As the fastest growing, highest-performing charter school network in New York State, Success Academy has reimagined public education. Nationally recognized for achieving outstanding academic results for students from all backgrounds and zip codes, we have created an innovative K-12 school model that is preparing current and future generations of children with the subject mastery and skills to succeed in college and life. We are currently seeking an ambitious Science Copy Editing Intern to join our Success Academy Science team!
This is a part-time, paid opportunity available and we are looking for candidates who are available for a minimum 10-week commitment.
The Science Copy Editing Intern will support our Science Team and assist with the preparation of curriculum and assessment materials. This position is critical to the successful implementation of teaching and learning for thousands of teachers and students.
Key responsibilities include:
- Writing, editing and proofreading science units, assessments and other materials to ensure they read well and do not contain errors;
- Supporting in digitizing all of our science curriculum including scholar and teacher facing materials, for our online curriculum platform; and
- Supporting with the organization of curricular materials.
A successful applicant will have the following experiences and characteristics:
- Interest in education and/or Science;
- Extraordinary attention to detail;
- A sense of urgency and ability to meet deadlines;
- Ability to communicate concisely; and
- Proficiency in Google Suite and Microsoft Office.
This position is ideal for a college student or recent graduate with exemplary attention to detail and logistics. Experience working in education is not required.
To join our team, please upload a cover letter and resume that outlines your candidacy. Your cover letter should explain in detail your qualifications for the position. Resumes without cover letters will not be reviewed.
Success Academy Charter Schools is an equal opportunity employer and actively encourages applications from people of all backgrounds. Compensation is competitive and commensurate with experience. Success Academy offers a full benefits program and opportunities for professional growth.