As the fastest growing, highest-performing charter school network in New York State, Success Academy has reimagined public education. Nationally recognized for achieving outstanding academic results for students from all backgrounds and zip codes, we have created an innovative K-12 school model that is preparing current and future generations of children with the subject mastery and skills to succeed in college and life. We now need a results-driven Science Associate to join our Academics team.
As part of the Science Curriculum and Assessment Team, the Science Associate will help revolutionize our inquiry-based and NGSS-aligned science program by developing curriculum, assessments, and instructional resources for teachers and leaders.
Key responsibilities include:
- Revising existing science curriculum materials, including unit plans and assessments, in response to student achievement data and to ensure that science instruction is aligned to standards;
- Observing science instruction across our network of schools to prioritize next steps for curriculum planning to ensure that science instruction is implemented at a consistently high level across the network;
- Supporting with and creating data systems to ensure leaders and teachers are using data to drive science instruction; and
- Analyzing data and student work to support schools in prioritizing next steps for instructional management.
A successful applicant will have the following experiences and characteristics:
- Has a proven passion for hands on, inquiry-based science education;
- Deeply believes that great science instruction provides access to deep content knowledge balanced with scientific critical thinking skills, meaningful scientific discourse, and productive struggle;
- Has ability to design engaging and rigorous curriculum and assessment materials that inspire intellectual curiosity and a love of science;
- Has proven ability to analyze assessment data to inform instructional decisions;
- Can maintain departmental databases and tracking systems;
- Possesses superior communication skills;
- Can own and improve existing processes that support the larger team;
- Seeks to work at a fast-paced, collaborative, compassionate, start-up organization, where entrepreneurialism, and innovation are valorized; and
- Is a learner.
To join our team, please upload a cover letter and resume that outlines your candidacy. Your cover letter should explain in detail your qualifications for the position. Resumes without cover letters will not be reviewed.
Success Academy Charter Schools is an equal opportunity employer and actively encourages applications from people of all backgrounds. Compensation is competitive and commensurate with experience. Success Academy offers a full benefits program and opportunities for professional growth.