We are New York City's top-performing and fastest-growing charter school network, and we are fundamentally reshaping public education. To ensure long-lasting change and a school model that will prepare current and future generations of children from all backgrounds with the subject mastery and skills to succeed in college and life, we have reconceived every aspect of school design, from elementary to high school. We now need a results-driven School Psychologist to join our school community.
The School Psychologist will work collaboratively with school leadership, students, parents, teachers, and school support staff to help our students achieve the highest degree of academic, emotional, and behavioral success. Your job is to hold all students to high expectations, support the needs of a diverse student population, and determine appropriate strategies and interventions that will allow students to academically excel.
Key responsibilities include:
- Serving as a leader in the school while building strong relationships with students and their families to support scholars’ academic success;
- Conducting psycho-educational evaluations, including cognitive and academic achievement testing, and providing high-quality counseling sessions for scholars with IEPs and at-risk scholars;
- Creating, implementing, and tracking behavior intervention plans for students with behavioral needs;
- Leading crisis management for scholars in need of this support; and
- Engage in the school-based support team to ensure student progress through the right supports and interventions.
Successful candidates should also have the following experiences and characteristics:
- Hold a valid NY State School Psychologist certification;
- Have experience with a variety of psycho-educational and behavioral assessment tools;
- Have background in counseling and crisis management;
- Are a person of high moral character; and
- Are passionate about learning.
To join our team, please upload a cover letter and resume that outlines your candidacy. Your cover letter should explain in detail your qualifications for the position. Resumes without cover letters will not be reviewed.
Success Academy Charter Schools is an equal opportunity employer and actively encourages applications from people of all backgrounds. Compensation is competitive and commensurate with experience. Success Academy offers a full benefits program and opportunities for professional growth.