- New York, NY
We're redefining what's possible in public education. We set out to tackle this education crisis with a groundbreaking school design that delivers a rigorous, whole-child education to students from all backgrounds. Today, as the fastest growing, highest-performing charter school network in New York, our network of 45 K-12 schools outperforms every district in the state, proving irrefutably that all children are capable of excellence.
We now need a results-driven School Psychologist to join our school community.
The School Psychologist will work collaboratively with school leadership, students, parents, teachers, and school support staff to help our students achieve the highest degree of academic, emotional, and behavioral success. Your job is to hold all students to high expectations, support the needs of a diverse student population, and determine appropriate strategies and interventions that will allow students to academically excel.
In this role, you will:
- Serve as a leader in the school while building strong relationships with students and their families to support scholars' academic success;
- Conduct psycho-educational evaluations, including cognitive and academic achievement testing, and providing high-quality counseling sessions for scholars with IEPs and at-risk scholars;
- Create, implement, and track behavior intervention plans for students with behavioral needs;
- Lead crisis management for scholars in need of this support; and
- Engage in the school-based support team to ensure student progress through the right supports and interventions.
We'd be excited to hear from you if:
- You hold a valid NY State School Psychologist certification;
- You have experience with a variety of psycho-educational and behavioral assessment tools;
- You have background in counseling and crisis management;
- You are a person of high moral character; and
- You are passionate about learning.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We actively seek applications from people of all backgrounds to strengthen our community and the perspectives needed to flourish in a multicultural world. Success Academy offers a full benefits program and opportunities for professional growth. Learn more about our philosophy, benefits, and team at https://jobs.successacademies.org/working-here/ .
Back to top