As the fastest growing, highest-performing charter school network in New York State, Success Academy has reimagined public education. Nationally recognized for achieving outstanding academic results for students from all backgrounds and zip codes, we have created an innovative K-12 school model that is preparing current and future generations of children with the subject mastery and skills to succeed in college and life.
Over the past decade, Success Academies has built a vibrant network of 46 elementary, middle and high schools. Our 16,000 children – mostly poor and minority – are out-performing students at top city and suburban schools across New York State. With our oldest students in 11th grade, we are fast approaching the irrefutable proof point that zip code does not determine destiny.
Our goals for our second decade are even more ambitious: to grow to 100 schools, to educate 50,000 children across New York City in a uniquely holistic pre-k-12 system, and to demonstrate that excellence can be achieved at scale. At 100 schools, Success Academies will be one of the larger school districts in the country – on par with Atlanta or Boston – ensuring that the charter sector is large enough in New York that it cannot be turned back. At 100 schools, we will graduate 3,000 scholars each year who are prepared to enter, persist and graduate from college and eventually to lead in business, government and civic realms.
To further position the organization for this rapid growth, Success Academies will prioritize the continued build out of a scalable, data-driven model for operating and managing its schools. Within Schooling Management & Technology - our School Management Office will be setup to manage key administrative functions that are critical to the day-to-day management of schools. The Office’s representative functions include codification of school design, establishment of standard processes and templates, and design and implementation of various schooling processes.
Reporting into the Head of the School Management Office, the School Management Associate will support the objectives of the Office of School Management.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Partnering with multiple constituencies on the design and project management of scalable, data-driven processes and systems, with the goal of improving management and oversight of Success Academies’ 46 (and growing) school sites. Sample projects include: revising and publishing our academic calendar, reviewing and improving key features of our school design, launching our middle and high school placement process, and identifying, hiring, and training new members of school leadership.
- Managing the communication and oversight of deliverables assigned to school-based staff through our project management platform, Trello.
- Establish protocols for the submission and management of content on Trello.
- Identify and implement process or system improvements to systematically simplify and streamline the way we communicate deliverables to school-based teams from the network level.
- Troubleshoot & support workflow issues or roadblocks as it relates to school-based deliverables in support of our school teams.
- Driving existing projects and goals for the Office of School Management, including: codification of Success Academies’ school design, formalization of its policies on holdovers and skips, improving talent management processes with HR, etc.
The School Management Associate should be someone who:
- Exhibits critical thinking and analytical skills
- Effectively interacts with broad base of constituents at varying levels -- including both oral and written communication
- Pays attention to the details
- Demonstrates initiative and perseverance to achieve desired outcomes; and
- Is a eager and quick learner who seeks out constructive feedback, and is excited to continuously develop professionally to achieve his or her potential.
To join our team, please upload a cover letter and resume that outlines your candidacy. Your cover letter should explain in detail your qualifications for the position. Resumes without cover letters will not be reviewed.
Success Academy Charter Schools is an equal opportunity employer and actively encourages applications from people of all backgrounds. Compensation is competitive and commensurate with experience. Success Academy offers a full benefits program and opportunities for professional growth.