School Business Operations Manager
- New York, NY
We're redefining what's possible in public education. We set out to tackle this education crisis with a groundbreaking school design that delivers a rigorous, whole-child education to students from all backgrounds. Today, as the fastest growing, highest-performing charter school network in New York, our network of 45 K-12 schools outperforms every district in the state, proving irrefutably that all children are capable of excellence.
With our rapid growth and commitment to operational excellence, Success Academy Charter Schools is seeking innovative School Business Operations Managers who understand that the foundation of great schooling starts with ensuring each of our schools are immaculate, joyful environments that promote learning. As the sole leader of operations within a specific Success Academy school, our School Business Operations Members serve as core members of the leadership team ensuring high levels of operational excellence every day.
At Success Academy, we invest in talent development, supporting our staff to grow in their careers and expand their impact in service of our school communities and dual mission. As such, we require a 2-year commitment for all School Business Operations Manager candidates. Reporting to the Principal of a respective Success Academy, the School Business Operations Manager will oversee daily operations and manage a dynamic team of professionals to provide our scholars with an unparalleled educational experience. In this role, you will provide: -
Key responsibilities include:
- Management and Leadership: Managing a team of school operations professionals in overseeing all logistics for school-wide events, family communications, scholar information collection, ordering, building partner relationships, technology, and inventory management;
- System Creation and Management: Advocating for all policies, procedures, and communications across the school community to drive scholar outcomes;
- Financial Management: Managing the daily financial and business activities of the school, including budget creation, forecasting, reconciliation and record-keeping;
- Daily Operational Excellence: Ensuring operational excellence and high level of detail in all areas of operations, from scholar safety and health to school aesthetics; and
- Family Engagement and Advocacy: Establishing and maintaining successful relationships within all members of the school and building partners to drive the goals of our school community and dual mission.
We'd be excited to hear from you if:
- You are an inspiring leader who continually pushes themselves and others to higher levels of achievement;
- You have experience managing teams to develop and implement systems and processes to increase effectiveness and efficiency;
- You have demonstrated the ability to indirectly manage and influence other stakeholders to achieve outcomes;
- You have an incredibly high bar and attention to detail , and can manage their school and team to reflect the same.
- You deeply embed yourself into the community of the school , ensuring strong relationships, high engagement, and great operational results;
- You have a belief in what is possible and use data to drive toward outcomes despite changing circumstances;
- You possess strong project management and prioritization skills and excellent follow through;
- You are a resourceful problem-solver who proactively shares best practices that drive our operational excellence; and
- You have a growth mindset, grit, humility, and a willingness to 'roll up your sleeves'.
To apply, please send a resume and cover letter outlining your candidacy. Resumes without cover letters will not be reviewed.
Success Academy Charter Schools is an equal opportunity employer and actively encourages applications from people of all backgrounds. Compensation is competitive and commensurate with experience. Success Academy offers a full benefits program and opportunities for professional growth.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We actively seek applications from people of all backgrounds to strengthen our community and the perspectives needed to flourish in a multicultural world. Success Academy offers a full benefits program and opportunities for professional growth. Learn more about our philosophy, benefits, and team at https://jobs.successacademies.org/working-here/ .
Back to top