We are New York City's top-performing and fastest-growing charter school network, and we are fundamentally reshaping public education. To ensure long-lasting change and a school model that will prepare current and future generations of children from all backgrounds with the subject mastery and skills to succeed in college and life, we have reconceived every aspect of school design, from elementary to high school. We now need a results-driven Scholar Support Manager to join our Scholar Support team.
Reporting to the Associate Director of Scholar Support, the Scholar Support Manager plays a crucial part in advocating for services for our Special Education students and ensuring all students have the appropriate support to reach rigorous academic and social goals.
Key responsibilities include:
- Liaising with the Department of Education/Related Service Agencies, identifying community resources for our families, and delivering high quality professional development to school-based staff;
- Acting as a key guide and advisor to Principals and school leaders who manage special education services, Response to Intervention, and scholar/family crisis situations;
- Supporting the Scholar Support team in using a data driven approach to manage Response to Intervention and Special Education processes, implementing systems to strategically track and report data; and
- Exercising meticulous attention to detail and excellent project management skills with proven systems to maintain integrity.
Successful candidates should also have the following experiences and characteristics. They:
- Are deeply self-reflective, passionate, and committed to world-class schooling and excellence;
- Are a leader with conviction who exudes confidence and knows how to build relationships across teams and organizations;
- Have grit, courage, and optimism in the face of difficult work; and
- Are a proven relationship manager with the ability to set measurable goals to promote advancement of our Special Education community.
To join our team, please upload a cover letter and resume that outlines your candidacy. Your cover letter should explain in detail your qualifications for the position. Resumes without cover letters will not be reviewed.
Success Academy Charter Schools is an equal opportunity employer and actively encourages applications from people of all backgrounds. Compensation is competitive and commensurate with experience. Success Academy offers a full benefits program and opportunities for professional growth.