Robertson Leadership Fellow
We're redefining what's possible in public education. We set out to tackle this education crisis with a groundbreaking school design that delivers a rigorous, whole-child education to students from all backgrounds. Today, as the fastest growing, highest-performing charter school network in New York, our network of 47 K-12 schools outperforms every district in the state, proving irrefutably that all children are capable of excellence.
The Robertson Leadership Fellows (RLF) Program is designed for exceptional individuals looking for a meaningful career change and provides the opportunity to bring your business expertise to the education sector. The program trains talent new to education to become Principals in our growing network of schools. Underwritten by investor and philanthropist Julian Robertson, the RLF Program is grounded in the work of the Robertson Center at Success Academy, an initiative to share Success Academy's school design and methods with educators across the country to accelerate school improvement and deliver an outstanding education to all children.
The Robertson Leadership Fellows at Success Academy provides ambitious managers and industry leaders outside of the education sector with the training, resources, and mentorship required to become school leaders. Leadership Fellows function as Principals-in-training, receiving the authentic practice and professional development that will allow them to hone their craft in the role until they are ready to lead a Success Academy school at the highest level. The Fellowship is an exciting opportunity to work with a cohort of like-minded colleagues across our growing network of professionals committed to education reform and the creation and growth of exemplary schools.
The 24-month Robertson Fellowship will entail constant training and development experiences. In the summer months, Fellows will attend our Leadership Training Institute, which provides core training on every aspect of school leadership, ranging from in-depth training on our curriculum and teacher development to school operations and management. During the academic year, Fellows will work alongside our faculty and leaders at a school. At the end of 24 months, graduates of the Fellowship will be fully prepared to step into the role of a School Principal and are equipped with the experiences and skill set to be successful in that role.
- You have at least four years of professional experience;
- You preferably have an advanced degree;
- You come from a non-education background and provide unique industry perspective to our academic institution; and
- You have clear leadership experience, preferably experience leading teams and managing people.
- Maintain high standards for quality of work product and has a high excellence bar for self and others;
- Strong conceptual and critical thinking skills;
- Possess an achievement orientation and a strong bias for action;
- Exhibit grit and resilience;
- Demonstrate a growth mindset and humility;
- Move with urgency and accuracy against shifting priorities and deadlines, demonstrating an ability to thrive in a dynamic environment;
- Fluency in analyzing data to drive strategy;
- Strong listening skills and maintains an open mind;
- Collaborate and communicate effectively with team members and colleagues, demonstrating strong writing and presentation skills;
- Demonstrate a strong sense of our core values, ETHOS: Excellence, Team, Humor, Ownership, and Scholars;
- Passion for education reform and working for a growth-oriented, mission-driven organization.
Back to top