We are New York City's top-performing and fastest-growing charter school network, and we are fundamentally reshaping public education. To ensure long-lasting change and a school model that will prepare current and future generations of children from all backgrounds with the subject mastery and skills to succeed in college and life, we have reconceived every aspect of school design, from elementary to high school.
We now need a data driven Real Estate Analyst to join our real estate acquisitions team. Success Academy’s commitment to world-class schooling goes beyond delivering high-quality instruction. It also requires operational excellence and the creation of safe, functional, and aesthetically beautiful learning spaces for our scholars. Reporting to our Director of Real Estate, the Real Estate Analyst will support the real estate acquisitions team by helping to evaluate potential real estate deals.
Key responsibilities include:
- Quickly and efficiently evaluating a high volume of potential real estate opportunities across New York City as well as identifying ways to maximize returns on existing properties;
- Creating complex financial models from scratch (inclusive of cash flow projections, sensitivity analyses, and waterfall modeling);
- Producing comprehensive investment memorandums and presentations for senior leadership and key stakeholders;
- Preparing detailed market analyses by performing extensive market research and maintaining up-to-date knowledge of local real estate trends;
- Assisting in due diligence efforts including the review of applicable zoning requirements, valuation of competitive properties, researching of capital sources, and preparation of budgets;
- Assisting in transitioning new acquisitions to in-house school management teams and supporting these teams as needed to maximize value and achieve our mission; and
- Supporting the acquisitions, construction, and finance teams as needed.
Successful candidates should also have the following previous experiences and characteristics:
- 2+ years of real estate analytical experience with a degree in Real Estate, Finance, or related field (Master’s Degree preferred);
- Exceptional modeling skills with the ability to calculate NPVs, IRRs, and hurdle rates; perform sensitivity analyses; and create waterfall promote structures in Excel (ARGUS experience preferred);
- Advanced analytical, problem solving, and critical thinking skills with strong attention detail;
- Thrive in a fast-paced and high functioning environment that consistently produces high quality work; and
- Strong advocates for our mission and consistently demonstrate excellence and innovation in their work.
To join our team, please upload a cover letter and resume that outlines your candidacy. Your cover letter should explain in detail your qualifications for the position. Resumes without cover letters will not be reviewed.
Success Academy Charter Schools is an equal opportunity employer and actively encourages applications from people of all backgrounds. Compensation is competitive and commensurate with experience. Success Academy offers a full benefits program and opportunities for professional growth.