As the fastest growing, highest-performing charter school network in New York State, Success Academy has reimagined public education. Nationally recognized for achieving outstanding academic results for students from all backgrounds and zip codes, we have created an innovative K-12 school model that is preparing current and future generations of children with the subject mastery and skills to succeed in college and life. We now need a results-driven Real Estate Acquisitions Coordinator to join our real estate team.
Success Academy’s commitment to world-class schooling goes beyond delivering high-quality instruction. It also requires operational excellence and the creation of safe, functional, and aesthetically beautiful learning spaces for our scholars. Reporting to our Associate Director of Operations, the Real Estate Acquisitions Coordinator will support the real estate team’s organizational needs.
Key responsibilities include:
- Achieving operational objectives by identifying trends, determining system improvements, and institutionalizing change that supports our space expansion efforts;
- Creating and maintaining a database of all potential acquisition sites in target areas;
- Researching, collecting, and analyzing real estate metrics in target areas including “sales comps” and commercial leasing data;
- Synthesizing and organizing complex real estate contracts;
- Assisting with in-house zoning analyses of potential acquisition sites;
- Proactively managing complex issues related to space acquisition; and
- Presenting oral and written reports that clearly identify problems as well as resolutions to appropriate levels of management and departments.
Successful candidates should also have the following previous experiences and characteristics:
- 1-3 years of relevant experience supporting in a high expectations environment connected with Real Estate is preferred;
- Familiarity with New York City zoning code and ability to perform initial zoning analyses;
- Experience with Digital Tax Maps, OASIS, Property Shark, CoStar, and similar databases preferred;
- Willingness to learn ArcGIS, Adobe Illustrator, and Photoshop;
- Can successfully develop project plans that forecast challenges and reflect strong understanding of our operational school model; and
- Strong advocates for our mission and consistently demonstrate excellence and innovation in their work.
To join our team, please upload a cover letter and resume that outlines your candidacy. Your cover letter should explain in detail your qualifications for the position. Resumes without cover letters will not be reviewed.
Success Academy Charter Schools is an equal opportunity employer and actively encourages applications from people of all backgrounds. Compensation is competitive and commensurate with experience. Success Academy offers a full benefits program and opportunities for professional growth.