Our Art Teachers are results-driven educators who are passionate about art instruction and educating the whole child. Your job is to engage students in the joys and rigors of art while you hold your scholars to sky-high standards and develop your skill as a teacher with the help of extraordinary colleagues and school leaders. Engaged in our mission to re-imagine public education, you will develop as a teacher and a professional faster and more intensely than ever before. This will be a compelling intellectual and educational adventure that will transform you as a person and while doing so you will impact hundreds of students’ lives.
At Success Academy, we are redefining what’s possible in public education. Since opening our first school in Harlem in 2006, we have swiftly grown to 41 high-performing schools, from Bed-Stuy to the Bronx, serving approximately 14,000 kids. We are scaling to 100 great schools serving 50,000 children across New York City, bringing transformational change here and across the country. We believe all children, regardless of zip code or family income, deserve the life-changing opportunities that a world-class education brings.
In all grades, pre-K through 12, our exploration-driven curriculum focuses on the whole child and includes chess, art, and other specialized subjects that bring excitement to the school day and foster a lifelong love of learning. To achieve exceptional results for children, we hire the best, the brightest, and the most highly motivated adults we can find. We value excellence, celebrate diversity, and are relentlessly committed to improving ourselves and our work to enhance the lives of our scholars.
As an Art Teacher in one of our Queens Schools, you will:
- Build a classroom culture in which students love art;
- Collaborate with Art Teachers across the network to build a world-class art program while cultivating a school environment that prioritizes aesthetics and makes learning visible to the community;
- Engage students in the creative process and cultivating their talents while deepening their knowledge and understanding of art, design, and art history;
- Build a culture of self-expression, and utilize discourse and critique to press scholars’ critical thinking about art; and
- Engage in training with school leaders and benefit from targeted, in-the-moment feedback on instruction, accelerating learning and growth with unparalleled support.
To be considered as an Art Teacher, you must:
- Have prior experience in establishing creative environments in which art is explored, discovered, and observed both in and out of the classroom;
- Hold a Bachelor’s degree in Art or Art Education, with an outstanding record of academic achievement and leadership;
- Be a person of high moral character; and
- Be passionate about art and learning.
To join our team, please upload a cover letter and resume that outlines your candidacy. Your cover letter should explain in detail your qualifications for the position. Resumes without cover letters will not be reviewed.
Success Academy Charter Schools is an equal opportunity employer and actively encourages applications from people of all backgrounds. Compensation is competitive and commensurate with experience. Success Academy offers a full benefits program and opportunities for professional growth.