P/SAT Curriculum Developer - High School of the Liberal Arts
As the fastest growing, highest-performing charter school network in New York State, Success Academy has reimagined public education. Nationally recognized for achieving outstanding academic results for students from all backgrounds and zip codes, we have created an innovative K-12 school model that is preparing current and future generations of children with the subject mastery and skills to succeed in college and life. Specifically, we are focused on developing a new-generation STEM program that equips students with the confidence, exposure, and depth of technical expertise to pursue and be successful in post-secondary STEM. To realize this vision, we are looking for a results-driven P/SAT Curriculum Developer to join our school community.
Reporting to the Director of Instructional Management of our High School of the Liberal Arts, the P/SAT Curriculum Developer will be a results-driven leader with deep mathematical knowledge and strong organizational skills to support in writing our task-based, inquiry-driven, PSAT and SAT curricula.
Key responsibilities include:
- Collaborating with a team of writers to develop full PSAT & SAT curricula which includes lesson materials for teachers, homework, and assessments;
- Curating existing PSAT and SAT curricula and create original lessons to develop scholar understanding of and ability to perform at high levels on the PSAT and SAT;
- Creating units of study that build upon concurrent courses to create procedural fluency from conceptual understanding;
- Owning and improving existing processes that support the PSAT and SAT team and faculty;
- Supporting specific ad hoc writing projects and tasks related to other courses within the Instructional Management Department.
- Supporting the Director and curriculum writers with various ad-hoc projects and duties as needed; and
- Identifying, preparing, and compiling necessary materials to support the tasks of the Director.
A successful applicant will have the following experiences and characteristics:
- Depth of knowledge in coaching students on the PSAT and SAT with demonstrated ability to move scores;
- Is committed to a balance of conceptual understanding, procedural fluency, and rich applications in teaching and learning;
- Passionate about gaining scholars access to highly selective four-year colleges and universities;
- Experience supporting logistics and projects in a fast-paced work environment;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills;
- High degree of judgment, tact, and professionalism, as well as a profound respect for the confidentiality of documents and communications involving the organization;
- Excellent organizational, problem-solving and data gathering skills and ability to manage multiple shifting priorities;
- Meticulous attention to detail and accuracy;
- Ability to be proactive and work both independently and as part of a team, exercising a strong work ethic and commitment to completing work on a timely basis; and
- Flexibility, resourcefulness, and adaptability to changing needs and demands, and willingness to work longer hours as circumstances require.
To join our team, please upload a cover letter and resume that outlines your candidacy. Your cover letter should explain in detail your qualifications for the position. Resumes without cover letters will not be reviewed.
Success Academy Charter Schools is an equal opportunity employer and actively encourages applications from people of all backgrounds. Compensation is competitive and commensurate with experience. Success Academy offers a full benefits program and opportunities for professional growth.
Back to top