Project & Portfolio Management Lead
- New York, NY
We're redefining what's possible in public education. We set out to tackle this education crisis with a groundbreaking school design that delivers a rigorous, whole-child education to students from all backgrounds. Today, as the fastest growing, highest-performing charter school network in New York, our network of 45 K-12 schools outperforms every district in the state, proving irrefutably that all children are capable of excellence.
Success Academies is redefining what's possible in public education.
We set out to tackle this education crisis with a groundbreaking school design that delivers a rigorous, whole-child education to students from all backgrounds. Today, as the fastest growing, highest-performing charter school network in New York, our network of 46 K-12 schools outperforms every district in the state, proving irrefutably that all children are capable of excellence.
The Technology Division at Success Academy is the chief provider of technology infrastructure, applications services, security, and support. The Division partners with teams across the organization to equip students, teachers, leaders and staff with the innovative technology tools and knowhow necessary to achieve academic and operational excellence.
To support our growth and to continue providing our scholars with an unparalleled educational experience, we have a network office based team of IT professionals who provide network-wide support, resource planning, and technology integration. Their efforts enhance our classrooms and elevate daily instruction, fostering a lifelong love of learning for our scholars. Success Academy seeks a Technical Operations Manager to plan, direct and design the organization's IT infrastructure & Hardware Management while simultaneously leading the IT team(s) responsible for maintaining said infrastructure, while ensuring that technology resources are distributed, maintained, and effectively utilized across our growing network of schools.
Position : Project & Portfolio Management Lead
Definition : Develop and manage the methodologies, processes, and tools used to execute a broad range of projects, and manage and grow a team of PMs.
Location: New York, New York 10005
Reporting: The Project & Portfolio Management Lead will report directly to our Chief Technology Officer.
The Project & Program Management (PPM) Lead is responsible for developing and managing the methodologies, processes, and tools used to execute a broad range of projects. The PPM Lead will also build and grow a team of program and project managers, and is responsible for defining team culture and individual career development plans.
Direct and oversee the Project Management Life Cycle (PMLC), which encompasses the planning, organizing, and managing of resources required for the successful completion of specific projects, goals, and objectives. This role will:
- Evaluate the scope and complexity of projects and programs, and implement the necessary resources to ensure successful completion.
- Conduct scoping sessions and assist in the creation of work and proposal statements including risks, tasks, deliverables, work estimates, assumptions, and dependencies.
- Develop and manage a master project schedule for the organization which includes resource utilization, scheduling, milestone definition, and planned vs. actual performance metrics.
- Lead the work intake process for the Technology group and socialize outcomes with appropriate stakeholders.
- Develop and grow positive relationships with project sponsors at all levels to provide support where needed.
- Manage changes to a project through a formally defined scope change process.
- Manage and define direct report's roles and expectations, and ensures that the team receives the necessary resources to achieve projected goals.
- Define and grow a team of project and program managers, create and drive team culture and career development.
- Add education requirements
- 7+ years of leading teams of project and/or program managers
- Experience delivering software solutions in an enterprise environment.
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced and rapidly changing environment
- High degree of organization and ability to manage multiple, competing projects and priorities simultaneously.
- Ability to think strategically and execute methodically.
- Excellent communication (verbal and written) and collaboration skills that will enable you to earn trust at all levels.
- Ability to develop and implement policies, procedures, goals, and objectives.
- Ability to evaluate process effectiveness and develop change.
- PMP Certification is highly desirable.
Success Academy Charter Schools is an equal opportunity employer and actively encourages applications from people of all backgrounds. Compensation is competitive and commensurate with experience. Success Academy offers a full benefits program and opportunities for professional growth.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We actively seek applications from people of all backgrounds to strengthen our community and the perspectives needed to flourish in a multicultural world. Success Academy offers a full benefits program and opportunities for professional growth. Learn more about our philosophy, benefits, and team at https://jobs.successacademies.org/working-here/ .
Back to top