We are New York City's top-performing and fastest-growing charter school network, and we are fundamentally reshaping public education. To ensure long-lasting change and a school model that will prepare current and future generations of children from all backgrounds with the subject mastery and skills to succeed in college and life, we have reconceived every aspect of school design, from elementary to high school. We now need a results-driven Project Architect to join our renovations/construction team.
Reporting to our Operations Chief of Staff, the Project Architect will work with our acquisitions and construction teams to execute numerous concurrent projects ranging in size and budget while adhering to hard and fast deadlines.
Key responsibilities include:
- Providing end-to-end project design leadership by managing all aspects of the design process from conceptual stage through project completion;
- Providing supervision of all design consultants, contractors, and vendors during contract development, design phases, bid management, uniform administrative requirements, cost principles, and audit requirements;
- Working with team to develop detailed project budgets and benchmarks prior to and during design process based on unit cost analysis, historical and market data;
- Performing peer review particularly related to NYC building code in order to facilitate all permits for projects both new and existing retrofits (zoning, certificate of occupancy, inspection, permits, etc.);
- Supporting in-house due diligence efforts by completing complex zoning analyses, test fits, and occupancy checks; and
- Building and maintaining successful partnerships with various stakeholders to achieve organizational objectives and ensure that specific deliverables and performance standards are executed.
A successful applicant will have the following experiences and characteristics:
- Bachelor’s degree and 5+ years of experience in Project/Renovations/Construction Management;
- Experience with all aspects of New York City school and multistory building management projects, including design management and coordination, code compliance review, budgeting, scheduling, submittals, change orders and closeout;
- Previous experience effectively leading an A/E team, training and evaluation of both sub consultants, and project personnel at various levels;
- Demonstrated high level of performance in project design and delivery, budgeting, contract negotiations and scheduling;
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to build relationships at various levels and hold parties accountable to organizational standards;
- Ability to work in a multidisciplinary team and lead by example;
- Well versed in AutoCAD, Rhino 3D, Revit, and Sketchup;
- Working knowledge of BIM, Autodesk Suite, Adobe Suite, Microsoft Office and G-Suite products and project management software; and
- Analytical, spatial and creative problem solving ability with extraordinary attention to detail.
To join our team, please upload a cover letter and resume that outlines your candidacy. Your cover letter should explain in detail your qualifications for the position. Resumes without cover letters will not be reviewed.
Success Academy Charter Schools is an equal opportunity employer and actively encourages applications from people of all backgrounds. Compensation is competitive and commensurate with experience. Success Academy offers a full benefits program and opportunities for professional growth.