Program Manager, Leadership Training
We're redefining what's possible in public education. We set out to tackle this education crisis with a groundbreaking school design that delivers a rigorous, whole-child education to students from all backgrounds. Today, as the fastest growing, highest-performing charter school network in New York, our network of 45 K-12 schools outperforms every district in the state, proving irrefutably that all children are capable of excellence.
The Education (Ed) Institute is Success Academy's centralized training and development function serving adult learners, supporting our enterprise goal of building leadership capacity and developing & retaining our talent. We deliver targeted training programs for teachers and leaders, aligned with -- and in support of -- academic excellence and improved quality of schooling. The Ed Institute also provides a sophisticated learning ecosystem, ranging from a library of our innovative K-12 curriculum to learning platforms and systems that deliver online learning and training resources. The Ed Institute has given us the capacity to train thousands of our own educators, as well as spur innovation and share our model and best practices with other charter management organizations and districts around the country.
Reporting to the Managing Director of the Ed Institute, Success seeks to hire a results-driven Program Manager of Leadership Training to join the Ed Institute team, and program manage best-in-class leadership development programs that bolster core leadership attributes, in support of enterprise goals and priorities. The ideal candidate is a results-driven professional with a proven track record of designing, implementing and managing leadership development programs.
In this role, you will:
- Conceptualize, design and implement leadership and management training programs that equip leaders to create conditions for innovative thinking and high performing teams, where employees do their best work;
- Design centralized training programs for multiple constituents from all 45 schools, including superintendents, principals, and assistant principals; as well as leaders and managers at our headquarters;
- Introduce different modalities of adult learning i.e. experiential, case study-based, online, on-the-job coaching and feedback, etc.;
- Re-imagine how to deliver existing people management training, particularly for new manager transition programs, with the goal of dramatically increasing the problem solving and decision-making capacity of all leaders;
- Interface with stakeholders, such as School Managers, Principals, Academics Directors, and human capital professionals, to understand and analyze training needs, propose training approach and delivery models, with the goal of achieving adult learning 1 objectives and closing performance gaps;
- Program manage hallmark leadership training programs, including taking on project management responsibilities and supervision of project deliverables from junior staff aligned to execute these programs; and
- Consistently evaluate training approaches, materials and resources, to ensure they are effective.
We'd be excited to hear from you if:
- You have 5-7 years' experience in the design, delivery and management of impactful training and development programs on the topic of leadership and management;
- You possess a strong understanding of adult learning theory, instructional design, curriculum development and assessment methodologies;
- You are able to execute on multiple projects with extensive detail coordination and program management;
- You are intellectually curious, welcome opportunities to challenge others' thinking, and readily engage in discourse;
- You have proven experience digging deep into organizational problems, identifying gaps and recommending practical training solutions that close performance gaps;
- You possess a strong presence and displays high levels of energy and charisma;
- You keep up with leading-edge approaches, including online and blended, and continuously scour the L&D landscape for innovative thinking, solutions, and delivery modalities;
- You have experience managing a team and building strong relationships across an organization; and
- You are committed to education reform.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We actively seek applications from people of all backgrounds to strengthen our community and the perspectives needed to flourish in a multicultural world. Success Academy offers a full benefits program and opportunities for professional growth. Learn more about our philosophy, benefits, and team at https://jobs.successacademies.org/working-here/ .
Back to top