Program Manager, Leadership Development
- New York, NY
We're redefining what's possible in public education. We set out to tackle this education crisis with a groundbreaking school design that delivers a rigorous, whole-child education to students from all backgrounds. Today, as the fastest growing, highest-performing charter school network in New York, our network of 47 K-12 schools outperforms every district in the state, proving irrefutably that all children are capable of excellence.
As the fastest growing, highest-performing charter school network in New York State, Success Academy has reimagined public education. Nationally recognized for achieving outstanding academic results for students from all backgrounds and zip codes, we have created an innovative K-12 school model that is preparing current and future generations of children with the subject mastery and skills to succeed in college and life.
Success Academy seeks to hire a results-driven Program Manager of Leadership Development to design, implement, and program manage best-in-class leadership development programs that bolster core leadership attributes, in support of enterprise goals and priorities. The Program Manager will design sessions, build content, and d rive the planning and execution of an ambitious leadership development strategy that will enhance the capability of leaders to inspire, direct, engage, and mobilize employees. The ideal candidate is a results-driven problem solver, with a proven track record of designing, implementing, managing, and assessing leadership development programs. This role will report to the Leader of Talent Leadership.
The Program Manager will be responsible for the following:
- Conceptualize, design and implement leadership development programs that equip leaders, at all levels, to create conditions for innovative thinking and high performing teams, where employees do their best work.
- Design learning experiences for multiple constituents -- at various stages in their career -- including school superintendents, principals, assistant principals, leader teachers, as well as leaders and people managers at our headquarters.
- Research, design and implement highly engaging and compelling learning content and modalities that promote higher levels of learning i.e. experiential, case study-based, online, on-the-job, coaching and feedback, etc.
- Partner with human capital professionals to develop and embed Diversity, Equity & Inclusion into existing leadership programs; support building a DE&I curriculum.
- Identify and operationalize assessment tools to raise awareness of leadership growth opportunities.
- Interface with key stakeholders, such as senior leadership and human capital colleagues, to understand and analyze performance gaps, propose training approaches and delivery models, with the goal of achieving adult learning objectives and closing performance gaps.
- Program manage hallmark leadership training programs, including taking on project management responsibilities and supervision of project deliverables from junior staff aligned to execute these programs.
- Consistently evaluate training approaches, materials and resources, to ensure they are effective.
- Has 3-5 years' experience in the design, delivery and management of impactful training and development programs on the topic of leadership and management;
- Has a strong understanding of adult learning theory, instructional design, curriculum development and assessment methodologies;
- Has proven experience digging deep into organizational problems, identifying gaps, being recommending practical training solutions that close performance gaps;
- Is able to execute on multiple projects with extensive detail coordination and program management;
- Is intellectually curious, welcomes opportunities to challenge others' thinking, and readily engages in discourse;
- Possesses a strong presence and displays high levels of energy and charisma;
- Keeps up with leading-edge approaches, including online and blended, and continuously scours the L&D landscape for innovative thinking, solutions, and delivery modalities;
- Has experience building strong relationships across an organization;
- Is committed to education reform.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We actively seek applications from people of all backgrounds to strengthen our community and the perspectives needed to flourish in a multicultural world. Success Academy offers a full benefits program and opportunities for professional growth. Learn more about our philosophy, benefits, and team at https://jobs.successacademies.org/working-here/ .
Back to top