Program Manager, Institutional Partnerships
- New York, NY
We're redefining what's possible in public education. We set out to tackle this education crisis with a groundbreaking school design that delivers a rigorous, whole-child education to students from all backgrounds. Today, as the fastest growing, highest-performing charter school network in New York, our network of 47 K-12 schools outperforms every district in the state, proving irrefutably that all children are capable of excellence.
The Advancement Department consists of several teams that are critical to fulfilling the Success Academy mission. This department leads the effort in: securing and retaining critical philanthropic support, building and retaining our community of supporters, leading all activities pertaining to our boards of directors, and creating segmented communications and engagement opportunities and events for donors and prospective donors.
We are searching for an experienced advancement professional, with a proven track record in corporate and foundation fundraising, to join our advancement team. This role is significant to the team's success and provides an extraordinary opportunity for the right person to join us in setting a course for excellence and advancing professionally.
The Institutional Partnerships, Program Manager will manage a portfolio of about 50 high-potential corporate and foundation donors and prospective donors capable of making 4-6 figure gifts. This person will collaborate regularly with other members of the Advancement team to develop and implement cultivation, solicitation and stewardship strategies, work as a team to meet the annual fundraising goal, and foster sustained philanthropic support from new and longstanding donors.
This individual will report to the Lead, Institutional Partnerships and Operations and foster productive working relationships with advancement leadership and staff, as well as staff throughout the SA enterprise.
- Manage a portfolio of up to 50 current and prospective institutional donors
- Contribute to moves management implementation, analysis and continuous improvement
- Prepare written correspondence, proposals, reports and meeting briefings to advance your portfolio and support senior leadership and Trustees with their fundraising efforts
- Contribute to team goal of diversifying our institutional donors, particularly corporations and lead efforts to segment communications and cultivation and stewardship engagement and events that are of particular interest to foundations and corporations
- Work with events team and individual giving front line fundraisers in corporate and vendor solicitations for the Spring Benefit, the organization's largest annual fundraising event
- Minimum 4-6 years of relevant experience in fundraising, including experience as a donor-facing fundraiser
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Exceptional project management and execution skills
- Ability to work in a fast paced, fluid environment, independently and on a team
- Working knowledge of Raiser's Edge (preferred)
Back to top