Program Lead, Computer Science and Engineering
- New York, NY
We're redefining what's possible in public education. We set out to tackle this education crisis with a groundbreaking school design that delivers a rigorous, whole-child education to students from all backgrounds. Today, as the fastest growing, highest-performing charter school network in New York, our network of 47 K-12 schools outperforms every district in the state, proving irrefutably that all children are capable of excellence.
We now need a Program Lead of Computer Science and Engineering to join our community.
The Education Institute is our engine for reimagining public education within our schools and far beyond, and brings together a powerful K-12 focus across content and design, implementation, instructional development.
As a critical part of our Education Institute department, the Program Lead of Computer Science and Engineering will be a results-driven leader who brings a deep understanding of the fields of computer science and engineering to design a rigorous, project-based academic program that prepares students to major in these fields at the most competitive colleges across the country.
Key responsibilities include:
- Designing a multi-course computer science pathway and separate engineering pathway that prepares students for college-level courses and enables them to use computational tools to examine and solve complex technological and societal problems
- Creating (and in some cases overseeing) the development of all necessary lesson materials, lesson plans, labs, and projects for units that are aligned to the vision for Computer Science and Engineering at Success Academy as well as external benchmarks
- Leading collaborative training sessions to further develop teacher understanding of the Computer Science and Engineering curriculum
- Observing lessons and analyzing student work and data to identify potential opportunities to improve the computer science program
- Supporting with key cross-content Education Institute initiatives
Experience and Qualifications:
- M.A. in Engineering, Computer Science, or a related field wi th an outstanding record of academic achievement and leadership;
- A least three years of experience in education. Experience in content design and educational leadership strongly preferred;
- Proficiency in multiple computer programming languages;
- Understanding of web development, data science, and/or data structures & algorithms;
- A demonstrated ability to design and lead projects that produce strong learning outcomes;
- Are passionate about STEM education and equitable access to STEM fields;
- Have strong attention to detail;
- Have extremely strong writing and proofreading skills; and
- Have a strong work ethic and ability to work flexibly.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our organization. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We actively seek applications from people of all backgrounds to strengthen our community and the perspectives needed to flourish in a multicultural world. Success Academy offers a full benefits program and opportunities for professional growth. Learn more about our philosophy, benefits, and team at https://jobs.successacademies.org/working-here/ .
Back to top