At Success Academy, we are redefining what’s possible in public education. Since opening our first school in Harlem in 2006, we have swiftly grown to 41 high-performing schools, from Bed-Stuy to the Bronx, serving approximately 14,000 kids. We are scaling to 100 great schools serving 50,000 children across New York City, bringing transformational change here and across the country. We believe all children, regardless of zip code or family income, deserve the life-changing opportunities that a world-class education brings.
Our Data Science and Information Systems (DSIS) department ensures we all work collaboratively and more efficiently to support our growing network of schools. By implementing cutting edge technology, built in-house and from 3rd party vendors, we are able to help the organization scale by streamlining processes and making sure everyone has access to mission-critical information 24/7. In effect, the DSIS department's goal is to help everyone at Success work better, more efficiently, and with access to all available sources of information. We’re looking for a tactical, organized, and detail-oriented Product Owner to help manage initiatives for our Data Science team.
Our Product Owner will be responsible for building real products that have an immediate effect on our organization and scholars. Reporting directly to our Managing Director and working very closely with the Product Manager, s/he will be comfortable jumping in the deep end and learning new skills, and should be someone who will...
- Develop a vision of what we should build and convey that vision to the implementation team;
- Manage the product backlog, including the construction of clear user stories;
- Work with senior stakeholders to understand the business needs and product goals;
- Help introduce Agile practices to a team not fully familiar with those practices;
- Review and manage storyboards and user workflows;
- Negotiate work with the team during the sprint planning meetings, always considering the team's established velocity;
- Conduct user acceptance testing on features and bug fixes before they are released;
- Seek a fast paced, collaborative environment with capacity to work with data scientists, analysts, and developers on completing a variety of projects; and
- Bring a strong interest in education reform and working for a mission driven organization.
Preferred (but not required) qualifications also include:
- Experience in data science and analytics
To join our team, upload a cover letter and resume that outlines your candidacy. Your cover letter should explain in detail your qualifications for the position. Resumes without cover letters will not be reviewed.
Success Academy Charter Schools is an equal opportunity employer and actively encourages applications from people of all backgrounds. Compensation is competitive and commensurate with experience. Success Academy offers a full benefits program and opportunities for professional growth.
Back to top