At Success Academy, we are redefining what’s possible in public education. Since opening our first school in Harlem in 2006, we have swiftly grown to 41 high-performing schools, from Bed-Stuy to the Bronx, serving approximately 14,000 kids. We are scaling to 100 great schools serving 50,000 children across New York City, bringing transformational change here and across the country. We believe all children, regardless of zip code or family income, deserve the life-changing opportunities that a world-class education brings.
Our Data Science and Information Systems (DSIS) department ensures we all work collaboratively and more efficiently to support our growing network of schools. By implementing cutting edge technology, built in-house and from 3rd party vendors, we are able to help the organization scale by streamlining processes and making sure everyone has access to mission-critical information 24/7. In effect, the DSIS department's goal is to help everyone at Success work better, more efficiently, and with access to all available sources of information. We’re looking for a tactical, organized, and detail-oriented Product Manager to help manage initiatives for our Data Science team.
As a Product Manager, you will work closely with our Managing Director of Data Science and Information Systems. Our Product Manager should be an individual who will…
- Establish an industry-leading vision for school performance measurement and planning;
- Engage with stakeholders in other network teams and within schools to identify key product issues and opportunities;
- Help introduce Agile practices to a team not fully familiar with those practices;
- Understand the importance of building relationships and collaborate across teams to drive execution, delivery, success, and adoption of data science products;
- Set milestones for the implementation team and ensure their work is driven towards scalability and our organizational goals, and to develop, research, and test data-driven products;
- Lead internal communication efforts to ensure organization leaders are excited and instrumental in technology initiatives;
- Have a proven track record of managing a modern software project implementation in a fast-paced, agile startup environment;
- Have a strong interest in education reform and working for a mission driven organization.
Preferred (but not required) qualifications also include:
- Experience in data science and analytics
To join our team, upload a cover letter and resume that outlines your candidacy. Your cover letter should explain in detail your qualifications for the position. Resumes without cover letters will not be reviewed.
Success Academy Charter Schools is an equal opportunity employer and actively encourages applications from people of all backgrounds. Compensation is competitive and commensurate with experience. Success Academy offers a full benefits program and opportunities for professional growth.
Back to top