At Success Academy, we are redefining what’s possible in public education. Since opening our first school in Harlem in 2006, we have swiftly grown to 41 high-performing schools, from Bed-Stuy to the Bronx, serving approximately 14,000 kids. We are scaling to 100 great schools serving 50,000 children across New York City, bringing transformational change here and across the country. We believe all children, regardless of zip code or family income, deserve the life-changing opportunities that a world-class education brings.
To achieve exceptional results for children, we hire the best, and the brightest. We value excellence, ethics, and celebrate diversity, and are relentlessly committed to improving ourselves and our work to enhance the lives of our scholars.
With this rapid growth, Success seeks to hire a quick-thinking, savvy Press Secretary to join our deadline-driven Communications team. This individual should be someone who can...
- Serve as the formal spokesperson and media liaison for Success Academy Charter Schools;
- Become proficient at all aspects of Success Academy school design and mission, as well as issues around education reform;
- Develop and implement media, communications, and public relations strategies for the organization;
- Remain abreast of current legislative and non-legislative issues about which SACS may receive inquiries;
- Evaluate current events and media reports in New York City and the nation for their impact on SACS;
- Respond to daily media requests;
- Compose press releases, advisories, speeches, talking points and related presentations and information;
- Stay abreast of progress of projects, high-level initiatives, and emerging issues across the schools and pro-actively helps to adjust strategies based on changes in direction, priorities, and resources;
- Manage effective external relationships with reporters, bloggers, television bookers and producers, columnists, editorial staff and communications staff for allied organizations;
- Develop strong internal relationships with school staff, curriculum experts, department heads, parents, etc. to produce/pitch relevant stories.
To join our team, upload a cover letter and resume that outlines your candidacy. Your cover letter should explain in detail your qualifications for the position. Resumes without cover letters will not be reviewed.
Success Academy Charter Schools is an equal opportunity employer and actively encourages applications from people of all backgrounds. Compensation is competitive and commensurate with experience. Success Academy offers a full benefits program and opportunities for professional growth.
Back to top