We are New York City's top-performing and fastest-growing charter school network, and we are fundamentally reshaping public education. To ensure long-lasting change and a school model that will prepare current and future generations of children from all backgrounds with the subject mastery and skills to succeed in college and life, we have reconceived every aspect of school design, from elementary to high school. We now need a results-driven Payroll Associate to join our Payroll Team.
The Payroll Associate will intersect and work closely with Accounting, Human Resources and Benefits to ensure timely and accurate processing of financial information and participate in daily data entry for payroll processing. This position will impact a rapidly growing organization and offers career development opportunities.
Key responsibilities include:
- Processing payroll through ADP Workforce Now system and Workday HCM;
- Managing workflow to ensure all payroll transactions are processed accurately and timely;
- Developing ad hoc finanancial and operational reporting as needed;
- Auditing and compare reports from Workday and ADP for accurate processing (Excel and Vlookup required);
- Processing expense reports for 2000+ employees and ensure accuracy;
- Setting up garnishments tax levies and support orders;
- Responding to employee inquiries via our internal ticketing system;
- Updating all employee changes and adjustments, which include processing new hires, transfers, promotions and terminations;
- Support the Direcor of Payroll on additional projects and ongoing issues.
The ideal candidate for this position must have 3 to 4 years of direct payroll experience. Experience with ADP WorkforceNow and Workday preferred.
The candidate must also demonstrate competency in the following areas:
- Intermediate to advanced excel skills strongly preferred, including multi-function formulas, Vlookup, pivot-tables, and formatting techniques. Uses shortcuts to work quickly and efficiently;
- Think critically about the details of a task at hand. Has an uncommon ability to catch errors at a glance;
- Possess an insatiable desire for answers and information, constantly researching and establishing new contacts and resources;
- Knowledgeable about state and federal labor, employment, law, especially FLSA; Has a strong regard for confidentiality and employs sound reasoning to make quick determinations;
- Keep track of upcoming, ongoing, and past work product. Understands shifting priorities and deadlines and can juggle multiple and varied projects simultaneously;
- Gears communications towards the target audience and employs negotiation and buy-in skills as needed. Audiences include: senior network management, employees, school leaders, brokers, vendors, and state compliance agencies.
To join our team, please upload a cover letter and resume that outlines your candidacy. Your cover letter should explain in detail your qualifications for the position. Resumes without cover letters will not be reviewed.
Success Academy Charter Schools is an equal opportunity employer and actively encourages applications from people of all backgrounds. Compensation is competitive and commensurate with experience. Success Academy offers a full benefits program and opportunities for professional growth.