Operations Renovations Manager
As the fastest growing, highest-performing charter school network in New York State, Success Academy has reimagined public education. Nationally recognized for achieving outstanding academic results for students from all backgrounds and zip codes, we have created an innovative K-12 school model that is preparing current and future generations of children with the subject mastery and skills to succeed in college and life. We now need a results-driven Operations Renovations Manager to join our Network Operations team.
Reporting to the Associate Director of Operations, the Operations Renovations Manager will collaborate closely with our Operations team to support our growing network of schools and central office space.
Key responsibilities include:
- Direct all aspects of facilities management and administrative services for Success Academy Charter Schools;
- Support the Operations team with renovations and day to day facilities of new and existing schools;
- Serve as liaison with custodial staff/maintenance teams and building management;
- Develop the new and existing space to meet administrative and instructional needs; manage, space planning, renovation and construction projects;
- Inspect schools/network facilities to determine deficiencies and inform of findings; Inspect all repairs prior to approval for final payment;
- Oversee facilities maintenance operating standards; and
- Provide support and supervision to all school and network staff
- Maintain contract and contractor status databases as well as maintain records that detail service history;
- Manage all school facilities tracking reports;
- Prepare bid sheets for contracts, process specifications, test and progress reports, as well as other exhibits that may be required;
- Review contractors’ bids from firms for conformity to contract requirements and determine acceptable bids;
- Establish and maintain contact with contractors to ensure the smooth working of the contract awarding process; and
- Review all communications concerning contractors and respond as necessary.
A successful applicant will have the following experiences and characteristics:
- Bachelor’s degree and 5-8+ years of experience;
- Experience with construction, floor planning, and/or multiple site locations is preferred;
- Proven success in large-scale project management and high-level decision-making;
- Gears communications towards the target audience and employs negotiation skills as needed. Audiences include vendors, school and staff, and network team members;
- Experience and ability to work with the accounts payable group on issue resolution relative to vendor payments and disputes;
- Experience with maintenance and operations systems, architectural plans, and current technology for audio/visual service delivery;
- Proven high standards of performance, persistence, and resourceful towards long-term solutions; and
- A genuine interest in finding ways to improve public education and support our schools
To join our team, please upload a cover letter and resume that outlines your candidacy. Your cover letter should explain in detail your qualifications for the position. Resumes without cover letters will not be reviewed.
Success Academy Charter Schools is an equal opportunity employer and actively encourages applications from people of all backgrounds. Compensation is competitive and commensurate with experience. Success Academy offers a full benefits program and opportunities for professional growth.
Back to top