Operations Leadership Fellow
As the fastest growing, highest-performing charter school network in New York State, Success Academy has reimagined public education. Nationally recognized for achieving outstanding academic results for students from all backgrounds and zip codes, we have created an innovative K-12 school model that is preparing current and future generations of children with the subject mastery and skills to succeed in college and life. We now need results-driven Operations Leadership Fellows to join our community.
Success Academy’s commitment to world-class schooling goes beyond delivering high-quality instruction. It also requires operational excellence and the creation of safe, efficient, and aesthetically beautiful learning spaces for our scholars. Success Academy is seeking Operations Leadership Fellows who will join us for a minimum 2-year commitment.
Reporting to a Director of Operations, Operations Leadership Fellows will have an opportunity to first work within our schools as well as our Network Office over the course of a 1-year period spending 5 months across our Success Academy school locations.
● Shadow a Business Operations Manager and their team for 1-2 months to gain proficiency in school-based operations responsibilities;
● Receive all BOM professional development as well as specific Ops Leadership Fellowship professional development focused on the
following five competencies:
- People and Team Management
- Problem Solving and Project Management
- Building School and Team Culture
- Operational Expertise
- Family Investment and Engagement.
● Complete a school-based residency for 2-3 months to support with the following:
- Creating or amending systems to improve aesthetics, safety, cleanliness, and compliance components of one school;
- Using data to assess school team growth areas and support in management of junior operations team; and
- Managing school-based projects such as to scholar form collection, facilities management, renovations planning, event planning,
and supply inventory management.
Fellows will spend the remaining period at our Network Office preparing for the Associate Director of Operations opportunity.
● Support a cohort of schools by:
- Conducting audits and school visits;
- Identifying trends in school metrics;
- Creating action plans for school based ops teams to support in overall school health and function; and
● Working closely on Business Operations Manager (BOM) performance management with BOMs and Senior Leaders.
● Support department wide initiatives by:
- Serving as a content partner to several network operations teams to support the roll out of their projects and initiatives; and
- Shadowing network operations team meetings to understand the work of each team on a rotating basis.
To join our team, please upload a cover letter and resume that outlines your candidacy. Your cover letter should explain in detail your qualifications for the position. Resumes without cover letters will not be reviewed.
Success Academy Charter Schools is an equal opportunity employer and actively encourages applications from people of all backgrounds. Compensation is competitive and commensurate with experience. Success Academy offers a full benefits program and opportunities for professional growth.
Back to top