As the fastest growing, highest-performing charter school network in New York State, Success Academy has reimagined public education. Nationally recognized for achieving outstanding academic results for students from all backgrounds and zip codes, we have created an innovative K-12 school model that is preparing current and future generations of children with the subject mastery and skills to succeed in college and life.
Located in Manhattan’s Hudson Yards, the Robertson Center is a brand new facility built for the reimagination of public education. To deliver on this vision, we’re seeking an Operations Coordinator to join our creative, scrappy, high-energy founding team.
Now in our first full year of operation, the Robertson Center brings together educators from across the nation as they set out to build extraordinary schools. In this pursuit, the facility brings together three key features: a state-of-the-art professional development facility, in-demand conference and community space, and a fully-functioning K-8 public school. This means that, every day, we get the chance to balance the diverse needs of a community of educators, parents, students, policy makers, influencers and believers. Fitting all those needs together is a puzzle. The perfect candidate will be energized by the opportunity to solve it, and inclined to do it with a smile.
The Robertson Center Coordinator should have 1-2 years of work experience. Successful candidates will:
- Exude professionalism, providing exceptional customer service and creating a welcoming environment for all Center visitors and program participants;
- Excel in verbal and written communication skills, tactfully responding to all communications and remaining diplomatic in all interactions;
- Demonstrate an ability to successfully manage competing priorities, with experience creating systems to stay organized;
- Exhibit outstanding attention to detail; Thrive on feedback and have an appetite to learn and grow in a fast-paced, mission-driven environment;
- Identify as a proactive go-getter energized by the opportunity to be part of a founding team;
- Be available to work evenings and weekends, as necessary; and
- Believe deeply in the urgent need to close the educational opportunity gap for all students.
Key responsibilities include:
- Setting a warm, welcoming tone in greeting visitors and responding to phone calls and emails;
- Play a leading role in daily transformations of the space for workshops, screenings, wellness events, book talks, conferences, art shows and everything in between;
- Developing and managing systems to ensure smooth operations of the Center;
- Playing a leading role in execution on all public events;
- Troubleshooting to ensure all events run smoothly, including basic AV support;
- Supporting on the planning and execution of all logistical event arrangements, including vendor research, selection, and management; budget management; transportation; staffing/training; communication/outreach; programming; setup/take-down, etc.;
- Managing space requests and comprehensive facility calendar;
- Building relationships across members of the network and school community;
- Registering and tracking program participants, visitors, and other key constituents;
- As desired or able, supporting the Audience Engagement Manager with drafting copy and content;
- Supporting the Executive Director with scheduling and other key administrative functions; and
- Handling key administrative functions for the Center, including tracking expenses and managing scheduling requests.
To join our team, please upload a cover letter and resume that outlines your candidacy. Your cover letter should explain in detail your qualifications for the position. Resumes without cover letters will not be reviewed.
Success Academy Charter Schools is an equal opportunity employer and actively encourages applications from people of all backgrounds. Compensation is competitive and commensurate with experience. Success Academy offers a full benefits program and opportunities for professional growth.