We're redefining what's possible in public education. We set out to tackle this education crisis with a groundbreaking school design that delivers a rigorous, whole-child education to students from all backgrounds. Today, as the fastest growing, highest-performing charter school network in New York, our network of 47 K-12 schools outperforms every district in the state, proving irrefutably that all children are capable of excellence.
With our rapid growth, Success Academy Charter Schools are seeking Operations Associates who understand that the foundation of great schooling starts with operational excellence. Reporting to the School Business Operations Manager, our Operations Associates work as a member of School Operations and should be individuals who:
- Four-year college degree with 0-2 years of professional experience;
- Are adaptable and flexible to a fast-paced, high-intensity environment, with the ability to manage competing priorities with a 'roll up your sleeves' attitude
- Knowledge of basic technology (e.g. computers, chrome books, etc) with the ability to provide basic IT support to scholars and teachers;
- Strong organizational and planning skills, and the ability to consistently meet deadlines
- Proactively identifies and assesses problems, and effectively brings solutions to resolve
- Ability to communicate and drive change across multiple stakeholders.
- Strong and professional verbal and written communication skills
- Receptive to feedback and eager to learn and grow in a fast-paced, mission-driven environment.
The following categories of work require project management skills across multiple areas of responsibilities:
- Scholar health management - Handle administrative functions of scholar health and documentation, i.e.: creation of MAF binder, file validation, family communication tasks, etc.
- Emergency Preparedness - Manages tasks associated with emergency preparedness i.e.: updating emergency clipboard and evacuation routes, and sending out approved communication to families during or after emergencies; understand all emergency protocols and be a content expert for staff.
- Shared Space Oversight - Able to support teachers and intervene during minor shared space conflicts and escalate to the BOM when larger disagreements occur during the school day. Understand shared space agreement, parameters, and request processes and its impact on project planning.
- Budget, Ordering, and Inventory Management - manage against budget parameters when completing orders. Point person for coordinating and ordering all Master Supply List (MSL) needs and maintaining par value of all materials. Point person to receive orders, maintain package pick up, and restocking of TWR.
- School Staff Operational Training - Communicate and train school staff around operational systems, deliverables, and priorities as well as key procedures around scholar health management, emergency preparedness. Utilize school-specific communication methods to streamline asks for teachers, i.e. Trello, Slack.
- Family Communication : Draft and send weekly ACTION Update. Send any email, text, robo-calls - both network-required and school-based communications. Manage social media presence and engagement rates. Ensure high-quality copy in all family-facing communications. Ensure that all parent/guardian requests are responded to within 24 hours. Manage "opt-out" lists and ensure that all families are enrolled in mailing lists.
- Main Office Coverage : Take shifts covering the Main Office as necessary. Ensure that the space is always beautiful and welcoming for parents and visitors. Critical forms and information for families should always be on display and desks and floors should be free of clutter and boxes. Responsible for responding to the Main Office email and voicemail within 24 hours of receiving.
- School Culture Data Management : Responsible for reiterating school attendance policies when families arrive late or are absent. Holding teachers accountable to accurate attendance, compiling daily reports to send school-wide.
- School Event and Field Study Planning and Oversight : Completes related tasks associated with events. Project Manager for school-wide events, setting timelines and communication calendars, creating critical paths and presenting to teachers.
- Advocacy and Family Engagement Managemen t: Oversees PCEC, responsible for Advocacy milestones
- Scholar Food Service : Perform day-to-day duties and responsibilities to ensure scholar food service remains compliant and is provided without delay or interruptions and recorded accurately. Manage relationships with DOE school foods
- Aesthetics Maintenance : Maintain a high bar of aesthetics in all SA spaces, and hold teachers and staff accountable to expectations.