We are New York City's top-performing and fastest-growing charter school network, and we are fundamentally reshaping public education. To ensure long-lasting change and a school model that will prepare current and future generations of children from all backgrounds with the subject mastery and skills to succeed in college and life, we have reconceived every aspect of school design, from elementary to high school. We now need a results-driven Office Manager to join our Operations Team at our central office.
Reporting to the Business Operations Manager of the Central "Network" Office, the Office Manager is a key member of the network office operations team, managing the operations of the network office on a daily basis.
Key responsibilities include:
- Assist with office reception activities to foster a welcoming environment by answering phone calls, responding to electronic communication, maintaining files, and greeting network visitors and staff;
- Monitor and create safety policies and procedures and ensure the attentiveness and efficacy of the network safety staff;
- Create and implement the logistical policies & procedures to facilitate network events for internal and external participants, including scholars, school and network faculty, parents, board members and other external visitors;
- Maintain network aesthetics at a high level based on Success Academy standards through close work with network service providers;
- Manage office supply procurement to ensure that all materials are in stock and network staff requests are fulfilled, while tracking expenditures;
- Oversee facilities renovations, from project start to completion, ensuring that contractors’ work is timely, of high quality, and on budget;
- Be the first point of contact for basic on site technology support and repairs;
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with vendors and building staff.
A successful applicant will have the following experiences and characteristics:
- A Bachelor’s Degree and high level of professionalism and enthusiasm;
- Hospitality/Customer Service: Guests view our network as welcoming and are treated with the utmost respect and courtesy.
- Organization: Keep track of projects and deadlines.
- Problem-Solving: Approach challenges in creative ways and find thoughtful solutions.
- Analytical: Evaluate network systems with an eye toward continuous improvement.
- Planning: Ability to effectively plan and manage events, inventory, and renovations.
- Communication: Gear communications toward varied target audiences and employ negotiation skills as needed.
- Technology: Ability and willingness to learn and support various systems. Proficiency with Microsoft Office is a must. Experience with online procurement is a plus.
- All Hands on Deck: Be ready to jump in and do whatever it takes to keep the network functioning at a high level.
To join our team, please upload a cover letter and resume that outlines your candidacy. Your cover letter should explain in detail your qualifications for the position. Resumes without cover letters will not be reviewed.
Success Academy Charter Schools is an equal opportunity employer and actively encourages applications from people of all backgrounds. Compensation is competitive and commensurate with experience. Success Academy offers a full benefits program and opportunities for professional growth.