Middle School Science Manager
At Success Academy, we believe that education is for the kids but about the adults. Consequently, we are deeply committed to training adults to get the best outcomes for kids.
At Success Academy, we are redefining what’s possible in public education. Since opening our first Harlem school in 2006, Success Academy Charter Schools has swiftly grown to 41 high-performing schools, serving 14,000 kids from Bed-Stuy to the Bronx. We are scaling to 100 great schools serving 50,000 children across New York City, bringing transformational change here and across the country. We believe all children, regardless of zip code or family income, deserve the life-changing opportunities that a world-class education brings.
In all grades, pre-K through 12, our exploration-driven curriculum focuses on the whole child and includes chess, art, and other specialized subjects that bring excitement to the school day and foster a lifelong love of learning. To achieve exceptional results for children, we hire the best, and the brightest. We value excellence, ethics, and celebrate diversity, and are relentlessly committed to improving ourselves and our work to enhance the lives of our scholars.
With our rapid growth and commitment to all kids, Success Academy is seeking a Middle School Science Manager — someone who will help us revolutionize our inquiry-based science program. Through developing curriculum and assessments, analyzing data and working to develop science teachers and leaders in our schools, our Science Manager will help in creating a world class science program that will allow us to elevate the teaching and learning at our schools. This key player will be part of a larger Schooling Team that is working tirelessly to develop curriculum, assessments and training for teachers and leaders.
As a part of our MS Science Team, our Middle School Science Manager will report directly to our Associate Director of Science and should be someone who…
- Has a proven passion for hands on, inquiry-based science education;
- Has ability to develop science curricular and assessment materials;
- Has experience with teacher or leader professional development, specifically focused on inquiry education;
- Has proven ability to analyze assessment data to inform instructional decisions;
- Can maintain departmental databases and tracking systems;
- Possesses superior communication skills;
- Can own and improve existing processes that support the larger team;
- Seeks to work at a fast-paced, collaborative, compassionate, start-up organization, where entrepreneurialism, and innovation are valorized; and
- Is an avid learner.
To join our team, please upload a cover letter and resume that outlines your candidacy. Your cover letter should explain in detail your qualifications for the position. Resumes without cover letters will not be reviewed.
Success Academy Charter Schools is an equal opportunity employer and actively encourages applications from people of all backgrounds. Compensation is competitive and commensurate with experience. Success Academy offers a full benefits program and opportunities for professional growth.
Back to top