Middle School Math Manager
At Success Academy, we make history every single day. Our schools rank in the top 1% in math and top 6% in reading among all New York schools. 100% of all scholars passed the 2014 science exam with 99% earning the highest possible rating. We provide an exploration-driven curriculum for grades K-12, focused on the whole child, teaching chess, art, and other specialized subjects that bring excitement to the school day and foster a lifelong love of learning. Our communities are calling for more, and we are meeting this urgent demand with rapid expansion.
Are you ready to join this movement – and make an indelible mark on education reform across New York City?
We are looking for a Middle School Math Manager to join our Instructional Management team.
Reporting directly to the Director of Math and Science at Success Academies, s/he will be responsible for:
- Revising existing math curricular materials for grades 5th to 8th, including unit plans and assessments, in response to student achievement data and to ensure that math instruction is aligned to the Common Core
- Creating and leading professional development sessions on math curriculum and pedagogy for leaders and teachers
- Observing math instruction across our network of schools and supporting school leaders in prioritizing next steps for teachers to ensure that math instruction is implemented at a consistently high level across the network
- Creating systems to ensure leaders and teachers are using data to drive math instruction
A candidate must exemplify proficiency in the following areas:
- A minimum of 2 years teaching experience preferred with demonstrated high student achievement, but not required;
- A minimum of 2 years of experience in a management or leadership capacity;
- Experience developing standards-based math curriculum, preferably aligned to Common Core State Standards
- Experience managing a team of high performing leaders through setting goals, communicating clear expectations and providing timely feedback and support;
- Proven ability to coach others towards becoming superb managers of their own teams;
- Experience working in a start-up, fast paced, high-growth, entrepreneurial environment;
- Demonstrated ability to speak and write clearly, succinctly and persuasively such that expectations are clear, timelines are delineated, and excellence is defined;
- Ability to manage multiple priorities from a variety of sources, organizing and prioritizing effectively to impact areas of greatest need;
- Experience organizing and running effective meetings across an organization;
- Ability to deconstruct complex problems and develop coherent, actionable strategies;
- A bachelor’s degree with a preference for a graduate degree in a related field.
Candidates for the position must possess the following personal characteristics:
- A relentless drive for excellence
- Unwavering determination to be better today than you were yesterday
- A sense of humor—a must in the world of education - Be a good, yet demanding team member—we all need to push for excellence
- A love of learning
- A strong belief that all children can achieve
- A clear passion for education reform
To join our team, please upload a cover letter and resume outlining your skills and experience. Your cover letter should explain why you would be an excellent Middle School Math Manager at Success Academy. Resumes without cover letters will not be reviewed.
Success Academy Charter Schools is an equal opportunity employer and actively encourages applications from people of all backgrounds. Compensation is competitive and commensurate with experience. Success Academy offers a full benefits program and opportunities for professional growth.
Back to top