We are New York City's top-performing and fastest-growing charter school network, and we are fundamentally reshaping public education. To ensure long-lasting change and a school model that will prepare current and future generations of children from all backgrounds with the subject mastery and skills to succeed in college and life, we have reconceived every aspect of school design, from elementary to high school. We now need a results-driven Middle School Literacy Manager to join our Literacy Team.
Reporting to the Associate Director of Middle School Literacy, the Middle School Literacy Manager will be focusing specifically on our 5th through 8th grade curriculum.
Key responsibilities include:
- Revising and creating Common Core–aligned literacy curricular materials in response to student achievement data, including unit plans and assessments;
- Designing high-quality, relevant professional development sessions for our leaders and teachers that translate into immediate, measurable improvements to instruction and to student achievement;
- Creating systems to ensure leaders and teachers are effectively using data to drive literacy instruction; and
- Observing and coaching leaders and teachers and following up with valuable written/oral feedback in order to improve leader/teacher practice and improve student outcomes.
Successful candidates should also have the following experiences and characteristics:
- Have a minimum 2-3 years of teaching experience, with proven ability to coach others towards improving their practice;
- Have a firm grasp of curricula and an unwavering commitment to data-driven instruction;
- Have experience working in a start-up, fast-paced, high-growth, entrepreneurial environment;
- Demonstrate the ability to speak and write clearly, succinctly, and persuasively such that expectations are clear, timelines are delineated, and excellence is defined;
- Possess the ability to manage multiple priorities from a variety of sources, as well as organize and prioritize effectively to impact areas of greatest need;
- Have a relentless drive for excellence;
- Have a sense of humor—a must in the world of education; and
- Have a strong belief that all children can achieve.
To join our team, please upload a cover letter and resume that outlines your candidacy. Your cover letter should explain in detail your qualifications for the position. Resumes without cover letters will not be reviewed.
Success Academy Charter Schools is an equal opportunity employer and actively encourages applications from people of all backgrounds. Compensation is competitive and commensurate with experience. Success Academy offers a full benefits program and opportunities for professional growth.