We are New York City's top-performing and fastest-growing charter school network, and we are fundamentally reshaping public education. To ensure long-lasting change and a school model that will prepare current and future generations of children from all backgrounds with the subject mastery and skills to succeed in college and life, we have reconceived every aspect of school design, from elementary to high school. We now need a results-driven Middle School Literacy Coordinator to join our Literacy Team.
Reporting to the Associate Director of Literacy, the Middle School Literacy Coordinator will focus specifically on developing our 5th through 8th grade curriculum and assessments.
Key responsibilities include:
- Designing Common Core-aligned literacy units that teach scholars to think critically
- Developing rigorous, engaging, and Common Core-aligned assessments
- Project managing curriculum and assessment projects across the team
- Studying data and scholar work to identify gaps in adult practice and propose solutions
A successful applicant will have the following experiences and characteristics:
- Passion for education reform and a strong belief that all children can achieve
- Experience designing Common Core-aligned curriculum and assessments
- Experience managing complex projects
- Experience working in a fast paced, results-driven environment
- A high bar for excellence, including a keen attention to detail
- Skill in managing multiple projects and prioritizing effectively
- A desire to constantly improve through regular feedback
- A love of learning, and of great literature
To join our team, please upload a cover letter and resume that outlines your candidacy. Your cover letter should explain in detail your qualifications for the position. Resumes without cover letters will not be reviewed.
Success Academy Charter Schools is an equal opportunity employer and actively encourages applications from people of all backgrounds. Compensation is competitive and commensurate with experience. Success Academy offers a full benefits program and opportunities for professional growth.