As the fastest growing, highest-performing charter school network in New York State, Success Academy has reimagined public education. Nationally recognized for achieving outstanding academic results for students from all backgrounds and zip codes, we have created an innovative K-12 school model that is preparing current and future generations of children with the subject mastery and skills to succeed in college and life. We now need results-driven Middle School History Teachers to join our school community.
Key responsibilities include:
- Building a classroom culture in which students love history;
- Guiding students as they delve into historical trends and developments, analyze first-person primary source documents, and write thematic essays;
- Utilizing project-based learning to allow students to understand the voices of the past;
- Fostering inquisitiveness as students grapple with historical texts through close readings and in-depth writing assignments;
- Driving academic outcomes by analyzing student work and studying data, and implementing high leverage instructional moves to ensure dramatic gains for all students; and
- Training with colleagues and school leaders and receiving targeted, in-the-moment feedback on instruction, as well as unparalleled support and professional development.
Successful candidates should also have the following experiences and characteristics:
- Have lead teaching experience, preferably in history, with a proven record of propelling student intellectual growth;
- Hold a Bachelor’s degree with an outstanding record of academic achievement and leadership;
- Are a person of high moral character; and
- Are passionate about history and learning.
To join our team, please upload a cover letter and resume that outlines your candidacy. Your cover letter should explain in detail your qualifications for the position. Resumes without cover letters will not be reviewed.
Success Academy Charter Schools is an equal opportunity employer and actively encourages applications from people of all backgrounds. Compensation is competitive and commensurate with experience. Success Academy offers a full benefits program and opportunities for professional growth.