As the fastest growing, highest-performing charter school network in New York State, Success Academy has reimagined public education. Nationally recognized for achieving outstanding academic results for students from all backgrounds and zip codes, we have created an innovative K-12 school model that is preparing current and future generations of children with the subject mastery and skills to succeed in college and life. We now need a results-driven Middle School Computer Science Teacher to join our school community.
Key responsibilities include:
- Building a classroom culture in which students love computer science;
- Motivating students to think critically and take ownership over their own learning;
- Teaching innovative lessons using Scratch, Tynker, Code HS, and robotics;
- Developing strong relationships with parents and students, creating investment in school culture and academics;
- Driving academic outcomes by analyzing student work and studying data, and implementing high leverage instructional moves to ensure dramatic gains for all students; and
- Joining a collaborative community of computer science educators and benefit from weekly training sessions led by school leaders and computer science curriculum developers.
Successful candidates should also have the following experiences and characteristics:
- Have a foundational understanding of at least one computer programming language;
- Hold a Bachelor’s degree with an outstanding record of academic achievement and leadership;
- Are a person of high moral character; and
- Are passionate about computer science and learning.
To join our team, please upload a cover letter and resume that outlines your candidacy. Your cover letter should explain in detail your qualifications for the position. Resumes without cover letters will not be reviewed.
Success Academy Charter Schools is an equal opportunity employer and actively encourages applications from people of all backgrounds. Compensation is competitive and commensurate with experience. Success Academy offers a full benefits program and opportunities for professional growth.