Managing Editor of Academic Content
Excellent schooling requires high-quality content, from curricula to instructional guides to teacher and leader training. The better the content, the better the teaching and learning. As a leading innovator in pre-K through 12 education, Success Academy places the highest priority on developing clear, concise and compelling academic content to be deployed across our NYC schools and to be shared nationally with charter networks, school districts and other enterprises seeking to restore the excellence of American public education.
Since opening our first Harlem school in 2006, Success Academy Charter Schools has swiftly grown to 41 high-performing schools, serving 14,000 kids from Bed-Stuy to the Bronx. We are scaling to 100 great schools serving 50,000 children across New York City, bringing transformational change here and across the country. Over the next decade, Success Academy will train thousands of teachers to staff its own schools and – through the virtual Success Academy Education Institute – share its highly sought-after intellectual property with educators across the country and around the world.
To accommodate both our internal scaling and to meet the urgent external demand for our curriculum and training, Success Academy is seeking an individual with editorial, curricular, and pedagogical experience to join us as a Managing Editor of Academic Content. This individual will be responsible for editing and packaging our instructional materials.
Reporting to the Chief Academic Officer, our Managing Editor of Academic Content will be responsible for:
- Editing and packaging our curricular and pedagogical materials within our dynamic environment of continuous improvement;
- Developing a strong and consistent tone, style, and voice for our curricular materials;
- Collaborating with our Education Institute team to prepare our materials for digitization and consumption by online audiences; and
- Developing systems and processes for ensuring that our materials are tailored to the needs of our leaders and teachers, and are created in concert with our instructional trainers who work directly with our school leaders to improve instruction.
The Editor should be someone who…
- Is committed to education reform and possesses a desire to revolutionize how we educate students in pre-k-12;
- Is an exceptionally clear communicator, gifted writer, and innovative thinker who will turn our curricula into a unique brand;
- Can imaginatively re-conceive how we deliver, share, and consume content across our organization;
- Is a leader with tremendous agency and can execute against short-term and long-term goals; and
- Has an incredibly high bar, constantly and consistently strives for excellence.
To join our team, upload a cover letter and resume that outlines your candidacy. Your cover letter should explain in detail your qualifications for the position. Resumes without cover letters will not be reviewed.
Success Academy Charter Schools is an equal opportunity employer and actively encourages applications from people of all backgrounds. Compensation is competitive and commensurate with experience. Success Academy offers a full benefits program and opportunities for professional growth.
Back to top