Our belief that all children deserve a world-class education drives us to mobilize parents and teachers to advance education reform, ensure that great schools are allowed to thrive, and share what we know about making schools successful. Our Communications team leads our organization in this effort to ensure that all stakeholders understand the role they play in pursuing Success Academy’s mission to change public education for all children. We are seeking an organized, proactive, strategic-minded Managing Editor to join our deadline-driven Public Affairs team.
At Success Academy, we are redefining what’s possible in public education. Since opening our first school in Harlem in 2006, we have swiftly grown to 46 high-performing schools, from Bed-Stuy to the Bronx, serving approximately 15,500 kids. We are scaling to 100 great schools serving 50,000 children across New York City, bringing transformational change here and across the country. We believe all children, regardless of zip code or family income, deserve the life-changing opportunities that a world-class education brings.
To achieve exceptional results for children, we hire the best, and the brightest. We value excellence, ethics, and celebrate diversity, and are relentlessly committed to improving ourselves and our work to enhance the lives of our scholars.
The Managing Editor will have at least 5 years of experience overseeing impactful communication plans in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment. S/he will report directly to the Chief of Staff of Public Affairs, and should be someone who...
- Has excellent writing and editing skills, with high standard for excellence and keen eye for detail, grammar, and factual accuracy;
- Will serve as quality review (especially final copyediting and proofreading) for high-volume of communications to ensure consistency in our Success Academy brand;
- Is an innovative, gifted writer that can synthesize the needs of many internal stakeholders to deliver consistent messaging strategy to build community engagement across our network of schools;
- Will monitor a robust communication planning and workflow system for family communications;
- Will oversee all communications to parents and school communities, ensuring high standards for excellence, accuracy, and positive messaging;
- Is comfortable with technology;
- Exercises excellent judgment;and
- Is a learner.
To join our team, please upload a resume and cover letter that outlines your candidacy. Cover letters will be considered as an initial writing sample. Your cover letter should explain in detail your qualifications for the position. Resumes without cover letters will not be reviewed.
Success Academy Charter Schools is an equal opportunity employer and actively encourages applications from people of all backgrounds. Compensation is competitive and commensurate with experience. Success Academy offers a full benefits program and opportunities for professional growth.