We are New York City's top-performing and fastest-growing charter school network, and we are fundamentally reshaping public education. To ensure long-lasting change and a school model that will prepare current and future generations of children from all backgrounds with the subject mastery and skills to succeed in college and life, we have reconceived every aspect of school design, from elementary to high school. We now need a results-driven Managing Director of Strategic Planning to join our Academics Team.
Reporting to the Chief Academic Officer, the Managing Director of Strategic Planning will use their strategy, communication, and management experience to support the Academics team.
Key responsibilities include:
- Managing a team to deliver on short and long-term strategic plans across the Academics Team, working in close collaboration with team directors to achieve goals;
- Owning the development and revision of yearly team goals that will allow us to accomplish our long-term priorities;
- Codifying and communicating our academic design, and crafting proposals to continually revise and innovate in order to ensure our academic model sets our students up for success in college and in life;
- Communicating plans to a wide variety of constituencies, including the CEO, school leaders, faculty, and members of the SA community; and
- Crafting powerful narratives around our academic plans in order to both inform and invest these constituencies.
A successful applicant will have the following experiences and characteristics:
- Has a depth of experience in strategy, planning, and management and can apply knowledge and expertise from fields outside of education to Academics;
- Is an exceptionally clear communicator, gifted writer, and innovative thinker who can transform conceptual ideas and initiatives into practical and easily executable plans;
- Has a strong management track record in a high-paced, high-volume environment;
- Is a leader with tremendous agency and can execute against short-term and long-term goals; and
- Has an incredibly high bar, constantly and consistently striving for excellence.
To join our team, upload a resume and cover letter that outlines your candidacy. Your cover letter should explain in detail your qualifications for the position. Resumes without cover letters will not be reviewed.
Success Academy Charter Schools is an equal opportunity employer and actively encourages applications from people of all backgrounds. Compensation is competitive and commensurate with experience. Success Academy offers a full benefits program and opportunities for professional growth.