Managing Director of Operations
Success Academy’s commitment to world-class schooling goes beyond delivering high-quality instruction. It also requires operational excellence and the creation of safe, efficient, and aesthetically beautiful learning spaces for our scholars. With our rapid growth, Success Academy is seeking an innovative Managing Director of Operations to manage the complex processes involved in supporting operational teams across 41 separate locations and develop strategic initiatives to support our growth to 100 schools.
At Success Academy, we are redefining what’s possible in public education. Since opening our first school in Harlem in 2006, we have swiftly grown to 41 high-performing schools, from Bed-Stuy to the Bronx, serving approximately 14,000 kids. We are scaling to 100 great schools serving 50,000 children across New York City, bringing transformational change here and across the country. We believe all children, regardless of zip code or family income, deserve the life-changing opportunities that a world-class education brings.
In all grades, pre-K through 12, our exploration-driven curriculum focuses on the whole child and includes chess, art, and other specialized subjects that bring excitement to the school day and foster a lifelong love of learning. To achieve exceptional results for children, we hire the best, the brightest, and the most highly motivated adults we can find. We value excellence, celebrate diversity, and are relentlessly committed to improving ourselves and our work to enhance the lives of our scholars.
Working within our central office, our Managing Director of Operations will report directly to our Chief Operations Officer and should be someone who…
- Is an inspiring leader who has the capacity to lead regional management teams that support a cohort of schools;
- Is an innovative leader capable of managing multiple areas of operations that support our 41 schools;
- Is a proven thought-leader that has led multidisciplinary teams through discovery, change and implementation efforts needed to realize the desired level of operational functionality upon opening of new facilities;
- Has expertise in directing transition strategies from pre-opening activities to space allocation and utilization;
- Has experience in areas of financial budgeting, planning and forecasting as it relates to the operational priorities of a fast-growing organization;
- Employs a variety of interpersonal tools to build successful relationships and navigate bureaucratic or administrative hurdles to achieve an objective; and
- Is a learner.
The ideal candidate will have a Bachelor’s degree with 7-10 years working in Operations.
Please upload a resume and cover letter that outlines how your skills and experience meet the qualifications of the position. Your cover letter should explain why you would be an excellent Managing Director of Operations at Success Academy. Resumes without cover letters will not be reviewed.
Success Academy Charter Schools is an equal opportunity employer and actively encourages applications from people of all backgrounds. Compensation is competitive and commensurate with experience.
Back to top