We are New York City's top-performing and fastest-growing charter school network, and we are fundamentally reshaping public education. To ensure long-lasting change and a school model that will prepare current and future generations of children from all backgrounds with the subject mastery and skills to succeed in college and life, we have reconceived every aspect of school design, from elementary to high school. We now need a results-driven Literacy Associate to join our Literacy team.
The Literacy Associate will support the network Literacy team and schools to ensure that assessments and curriculum are high quality and implemented with fidelity. While the Literacy Associate’s primary focus will be Gr3-4, projects and responsibilities will range from GrK-8.
Key responsibilities include:
- Evaluating passages for literary merit and grade alignment, and writing rigorous, CCSS-aligned questions;
- Managing curriculum and assessment projects across the team, including building out timelines, tracking project completion, updating our internal data tracking system, maintaining organization of internal materials, ensuring materials conform to the style guide, and proofreading materials as needed;
- Updating tracking systems and the internal website to give schools clear guidance about how to implement assessments and input data;
- Supporting the Literacy team in our transition to a new Student Information System, including troubleshooting at the school and network level to ensure that data collection is efficient and supports all stakeholders in driving towards our academic goals;
- Preparing assessments for printing and communicating with our external vendor;
- Providing troubleshooting support for school for issues around data input and printing for literacy assessments and materials with schools;
- Supporting team members with crossteam initiatives and projects and other administrative duties as needed; and
- Arranging and coordinating logistics and communications for consultant visits to schools.
A successful applicant will have the following experiences and characteristics:
- Familiarity with and passion for children's and middle grade literature;
- Adept at written literary analysis;
- Experience managing projects and building systems to ensure that workflow is optimized;
- Experience working in a fast-paced, results-driven environment;
- Meticulous attention to detail and accuracy in matters of proofreading and document processing
- Strong work ethic and a commitment to completing work on a timely basis;
- Skill in managing multiple projects and prioritizing effectively;
- Exude professionalism, providing exceptional customer service for schools; and
- A desire to consistently improve through regular feedback.
To join our team, please send a cover letter and resume that outlines your candidacy. Your cover letter should explain in detail your qualifications for the position.
Success Academy Charter Schools is an equal opportunity employer and actively encourages applications from people of all backgrounds. Compensation is competitive and commensurate with experience. Success Academy offers a full benefits program and opportunities for professional growth.