We are New York City's top-performing and fastest-growing charter school network, and we are fundamentally reshaping public education. To ensure long-lasting change and a school model that will prepare current and future generations of children from all backgrounds with the subject mastery and skills to succeed in college and life, we have reconceived every aspect of school design, from elementary to high school. We now need a results-driven Literacy Associate to join our Literacy Team.
The Literacy Associate will support the network Literacy Team and schools to ensure that assessments and curriculum are high quality and implemented with fidelity. While the Literacy Associate’s primary focus will be Gr3-4, projects and responsibilities will range from GrK-8.
Key responsibilities include:
- Evaluating passages for literary merit and grade alignment, and writing rigorous, CCSS-aligned questions;
- Managing curriculum and assessment projects across the team, including building out timelines and tracking project completion;
- Proofreading materials to ensure that they are clear to scholars, teachers, and leaders. Supporting schools in troubleshooting issues related to assessment logistics, materials, and administration; and
- Supporting team members with crossteam initiatives and projects and other administrative duties as needed.
A successful applicant will have the following experiences and characteristics:
- At least one year of experience in K-8 education is strongly desired;
- Familiarity with and passion for children's and middle grade literature;
- Adept at written literary analysis;
- Experience working in a fast-paced, results-driven environment;
- Meticulous attention to detail and accuracy in matters of proofreading and document processing;
- Skill in managing multiple projects and prioritizing effectively; and
- A desire to consistently improve through regular feedback.
To join our team, please send a cover letter and resume that outlines your candidacy. Your cover letter should explain in detail your qualifications for the position.
Success Academy Charter Schools is an equal opportunity employer and actively encourages applications from people of all backgrounds. Compensation is competitive and commensurate with experience. Success Academy offers a full benefits program and opportunities for professional growth.
Back to top