Success Academy Charter Schools is a rapidly growing 501(c)(3) organization focused on managing an extensive network of high-performing charter schools. Every day, we work together to build and support a network of schools that provides children with a world-class public education. We currently educate nearly 15,000 students across 46 schools, and advocate across the country to change public policy that prevents so many children from having access to opportunity.
The Advisory Team
Success Academy’s Advisory Team strives to maximize the organization’s freedom and capacity to create exceptional schools and lasting change in public education by:
- Providing advice and counsel in real time to school and network staff on a wide range of cutting-edge legal, special education, and school matters;
- Drafting, developing, and implementing organizational policies and procedures;
- Handling affirmative and defensive litigation and external audits and investigations;
- Handling general corporate and business law matters, including tax, governance, and compliance/reporting;
- Liaising with Human Resources and advising on employment-related matters;
- Drafting and reviewing contracts with vendors, landlords, and other partners;
- Conducting legal research and drafting memoranda;
- Facilitating the process for securing school facilities;
- Shepherding innovative programming through legal requirements;
- Preparing and presenting organization-wide trainings;
- Securing new charter and charter renewal applications; and
- Applying for federal grants.
The Advisory Team is seeking a results-driven Legal Counsel to join our group of dedicated attorneys. The ideal candidate will have:
- 2-5 years experience preferred, but all outstanding candidates will be considered and compensation will be commensurate with experience;
- A strong interest in education and/or education reform;
- Strong research, writing, problem solving, and analytical abilities;
- Excellent interpersonal skills, good judgment, and an ability to work both independently and in a highly collaborative environment;
- An ability to work well under pressure and keep track of multiple projects/deadlines; and
- A strong academic record.
- Cover letter and resume outlining your candidacy;
- Law school transcript;
- The telephone numbers of three references; and
- A writing sample (10 pages or less).
Success Academy Charter Schools is an equal opportunity employer and actively encourages applications from people of all backgrounds. Success Academy offers competitive salaries commensurate with experience, a generous benefits package, and opportunities for professional growth.
To join our team, please upload a cover letter and resume that outlines your candidacy. Your cover letter should explain in detail your qualifications for the position. Resumes without cover letters will not be reviewed.