Leader, Talent Programs
- New York, NY
We're redefining what's possible in public education. We set out to tackle this education crisis with a groundbreaking school design that delivers a rigorous, whole-child education to students from all backgrounds. Today, as the fastest growing, highest-performing charter school network in New York, our network of 47 K-12 schools outperforms every district in the state, proving irrefutably that all children are capable of excellence.
As the fastest growing, highest-performing charter school network in New York State, Success Academy has reimagined public education. Nationally recognized for achieving outstanding academic results for students from all backgrounds and zip codes, we have created an innovative K-12 school model that is preparing current and future generations of children with the subject mastery and skills to succeed in college and life.
A comprehensive talent management strategy includes all employee processes, from onboarding and acculturation, to career progression, and performance management. We are looking for a Leader of Talent Programs who cares deeply about people and their success in the workplace. The Leader will oversee an ambitious talent management strategy during a period of rapid transformation, and be responsible for multiple change management initiatives that require careful planning and excellent implementation. This new role on the Leadership & Talent Management team will uphold a culture of high performance, while forming productive partnerships across the enterprise, as well as within the Human Capital department. The role reports into the Head of Leadership & Talent Management.
The Leader will be responsible for the following:
- Oversee a significant scope of talent management processes, including annual goal-setting and performance processes, 360 talent reviews, promotion processes, excellence awards, employee engagement, and career pathing
- Embed a diversity and inclusion perspective in all talent management processes
- Program manage Employee Engagement initiatives that lead to improved long-term employee satisfaction and retention. Activities include: analyze and report on bi-annual employee engagement data; accurately identify trends, propose and communicate action plans that drive improvement across the enterprise; monitor progress of action plans at the enterprise level; and keep the executive leadership team informed of progress towards improvement goals
- Contribute to the evolution of Success Academy's performance management programs by applying design thinking principles to the implementation of a new performance management system
- Develop and drive a strategic new hire integration initiative that extends beyond existing transactional onboarding tasks/events and ensures new hires are integrated effectively and efficiently into SA's mission-critical roles; devise innovative solutions to decrease ramp-up time and facilitate a great new hire integration experience
- Ensure execution excellence for a variety of complex talent management programs and projects that meet ever-changing enterprise needs
- Provide thought leadership on change management as it relates to people processes and practices.
- Has excellent influence, communication, and relationship-building skills, partners effectively with stakeholders.
- Can anticipate others' needs and build trust.
- Has experience analyzing program effectiveness and creating/implementing interventions to improve results.
- Has built and or/executed multi-faceted talent programs in a fast-paced environment.
- Has working knowledge of best practices in managing people processes, including talent acquisition, retention, people and performance management, mentoring, culture strategy, leadership development, and/or adult learning management.
- Has 10+ years experience in human resources, talent assessment, talent development, people operations, or a related field.
- Is extremely organized and pays attention to detail.
- Is committed to education reform.
Back to top