Leader, Talent Programs
- New York, NY
We're redefining what's possible in public education. We set out to tackle this education crisis with a groundbreaking school design that delivers a rigorous, whole-child education to students from all backgrounds. Today, as the fastest growing, highest-performing charter school network in New York, our network of 47 K-12 schools outperforms every district in the state, proving irrefutably that all children are capable of excellence.
As the fastest growing, highest-performing charter school network in New York State, Success Academy has reimagined public education. Nationally recognized for achieving outstanding academic results for students from all backgrounds and zip codes, we have created an innovative K-12 school model that is preparing current and future generations of children with the subject mastery and skills to succeed in college and life.
A comprehensive talent management strategy includes all employee processes, from onboarding and acculturation, to career progression, and performance management. We are looking for a Leader who cares deeply about people and their success in the workplace. The Leader will oversee planning and implementation of an ambitious talent management strategy, and be responsible for upholding a culture of high performance and improved long-term employee satisfaction and retention.
Talent management programs include goal-setting and performance processes, talent reviews, employee engagement, career pathing, and leadership accelerators. In addition, the Leader will have the unique opportunity to reimagine what's possible for the new hire experience, by designing and implementing a new acculturation program for new employees, one that fully immerses new employees in Success Academy's culture and values.
This role will report to the Head of Leadership & Talent Management.
T he Leader will be responsible for the following:
- Oversee all talent management processes, including aspects related to change management considerations, planning, implementation, execution, and process improvement.
- Develop and drive a strategic new hire integration initiative that extends beyond existing transactional onboarding tasks/events and ensures a seamless experience for the hire.
- Manage a leadership accelerator program, including coaching participants (and their managers) through the program and preparing C-suite level reports on program success.
- Ensure new hires are integrated effectively and efficiently into SA's mission-critical roles; devise innovative solutions to decrease ramp time and facilitate a great new hire integration experience.
- Analyze employee engagement data; accurately identify patterns and implement solutions for areas of improvement.
- Provide thought leadership on change management as it relates to organizational and people processes and practices and, in particular, their impact on driving culture change.
- Has 5+ years experience in human resources, learning and development, people operations, or a related field
- Has experience analyzing program effectiveness and creating/implementing interventions to improve results.
- Has working knowledge of best practices in managing people processes, including talent acquisition, retention, people and performance management, mentoring, culture strategy, leadership development, and/or adult learning management.
- Has excellent communication and relationship-building skills, partners effectively with stakeholders.
- Has built and or/executed multi-faceted talent programs in a fast-paced environment.
- Can anticipate others' needs and build trust.
- Is extremely organized and pays attention to detail.
- Is committed to education reform.
Back to top