Leader, Learning and Knowledge Management Services
- New York, NY
We're redefining what's possible in public education. We set out to tackle this education crisis with a groundbreaking school design that delivers a rigorous, whole-child education to students from all backgrounds. Today, as the fastest growing, highest-performing charter school network in New York, our network of 45 K-12 schools outperforms every district in the state, proving irrefutably that all children are capable of excellence.
As the fastest growing, highest-performing charter school network in New York State, Success Academy has reimagined public education. Nationally recognized for achieving outstanding academic results for students from all backgrounds and zip codes, we have created an innovative K-12 school model that is preparing current and future generations of children with the subject mastery and skills to succeed in college and life.
The Education Institute is our engine for reimagining public education within our schools and far beyond, and brings together a powerful K-12 focus across 3 pillars: Content Design and Development, Implementation, and Instructional Development. Each pillar has a leader. These 3 pillars will work in concert to establish and maintain our gold standard of academic, pedagogic and classroom management excellence, and look to Learning & Knowledge Management Services to support pillar-level priorities by publishing and maintaining K-12 curriculum and implementation guides, and managing the planning systems and processes that support year-round training of teachers, principals and assistant principals.
We now need a results-driven Leader of Learning & Knowledge Management Services to join our community. This brand new leadership position within the Success Academy Education Institute will be responsible for two distinct teams - the first team, Knowledge Management, focused on standing up a new publishing capability (concerned with publishing, hosting and maintaining a growing library of quality K-12 scholar curriculum); and the second team, Learning Services, focused on the planning, marketing, and multi-channel delivery of training content going to teachers, principals and assistant principals.
The position reports to the Leader of the Instructional Development pillar, and provides the candidate with an incredible opportunity to build out capabilities that will set us up for future growth.
Key responsibilities include:
Knowledge Managemen t
- Establish and operationalize a brand new publishing capability by aggressively hiring new talent (e.g. designers, illustrators, copy-editors, digital developers, etc.)
- Develop from-scratch standard workflows, policies, procedures, reporting and analytics that support scholar curriculum production.
- Become the business owner of a newly implemented scholar curriculum production system: own the vendor relationship, ensure the platform is effective for contributors and readers, own the roadmap and implementation for further customization of the platform (e.g. better metadata, plugins, etc.)
- Bring definition, transparency and understanding to how K-12 curriculum is produced, published, and consumed by teachers, principals, and assistant principals.
- Establish protocols to collect user feedback of how scholar curriculum is taught in schools, and channel back to the Content Design and Development team, so that feedback informs future iterations.
- Partner with Instructional Development and designated subject matter experts to develop standard workflows, timelines, policies, procedures, that produce quality training collateral (e.g. job aids, instructional videos, etc).
- Oversee multi-channel delivery of training collateral and instructional development resources.
- Act as a bridge between Instructional Development (adult learning strategy) and Human Capital Shared Services (training execution). Establish and monitor handshakes that promote efficient and accurate requirement-gathering, resulting in expectations being met/exceeded.
- Act as business owner of 3rd party instructional video coaching platform, achieving consistent usage of platform by teachers and leader coaches throughout the school year.
- Manage instructional development services provided by external consultants/vendors, with an eye towards achieving high return on investment.
- BA in Business Administration, Training & Development, Human Resources, Education or business experience directly related to job responsibilities and qualifications.
- 7+ years of experience in the publishing sector/function, and/or leading professional development initiatives.
- Demonstrated experience with enterprise-level content creation and distribution platforms, technology, and standards (DITA, metadata, CMS and Digital Asset Management tools, etc.)
- Practiced in multi-channel delivery formats.
- Ideally, experience with managing structured content and meeting aesthetic and brand standards.
- Proven leadership skills in managing collaborative business teams.
- Proven process and quality improvement skills.
- Demonstrated ability to successfully plan, organize and manage complex, cross-functional projects.
- Demonstrated results in building teams.
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills, including presentation skills.
- Ability to interact effectively across all levels of the organization.
- Track record of developing, managing and meeting budgets.
Back to top