Leader, Leadership Development
- New York, NY
We're redefining what's possible in public education. We set out to tackle this education crisis with a groundbreaking school design that delivers a rigorous, whole-child education to students from all backgrounds. Today, as the fastest growing, highest-performing charter school network in New York, our network of 47 K-12 schools outperforms every district in the state, proving irrefutably that all children are capable of excellence.
Success seeks to hire a compelling Leader of Leadership Development to go about doing this groundbreaking work of building leadership capacity across the organization and boosting our leadership pipeline, thus enabling us to scale at a more rapid pace. In this brand new role, the Leader will be expected to conceptualize, design and manage leadership development initiatives and programs that build capacity, equipping leaders, at all levels, to create conditions for innovative thinking, and meet high performance standards.
The ideal candidate is a results-driven problem solver and critical thinker, with a proven track record of supporting culture change and implementing innovative leadership programs. This role will report to the Head of Leadership & Talent Management.
The Leader will be responsible for building leadership capacity in the following ways:
- Align leadership development initiatives with organizational culture and values, leadership anchors, and enterprise scaling priorities.
- Ensure SA's leadership anchors (i.e. competencies) are integrated into the entire talent lifecycle -- from making hiring decisions, to setting development goals, and performance managing employees.
- Own rich leadership development initiatives for multiple audiences who are at various stages in their career, with a particular focus on school leadership (i.e. school superintendents, principals, assistant principals).
- Develop and codify an organizational methodology for creating an internal talent pipeline, including systematic identification and advancement of high-potential talent.
- Interface with executive leadership to understand, analyze, and diagnose performance gaps, propose approaches that build leadership capacity and drive culture change.
- Partner with human capital professionals to develop and embed Diversity, Equity & Inclusion into leadership programs; support building a DE&I curriculum.
- Identify and operationalize assessment/diagnostic tools to raise awareness of leadership growth opportunities.
- Oversee the design and implementation of highly engaging programs that boost leadership skills, using various modalities that promote higher levels of learning. Act as facilitator/instructor as needed.
- Create tools and systems to evaluate effectiveness of all development initiatives.
- Has experience successfully shaping change at an enterprise level;
- Is a strategic thinker who can translate vision into action;
- Has strong consultative skills, with proven experience digging deep into organizational problems, identifying gaps, and recommending practical training solutions that close performance gaps;
- Is intellectually curious, welcomes opportunities to challenge others' thinking, and readily engages in discourse;
- Has a growth/learner mindset;
- Demands a high bar for excellence, for self and others;
- Demonstrates strong ownership and agency in all they do;
- Has experience building strong relationships and the ability to effectively navigate a highly matrixed organizational hierarchy;
- Possesses a strong presence, can influence across all levels, and displays high levels of energy and charisma;
- Has 8+ years' experience in driving culture change, through an integrated approach to talent management and development;
- Keeps up with leading-edge approaches, including design thinking, blended learning, and continuously scours the L&D landscape for innovative thinking, solutions, and delivery modalities;
- Is committed to education reform.
Back to top